That part that Kirk plays, at 3:50 to 3:52, is he actually playing something or are his fingers just flying aimlessly down the string?

Cause I'm having a lot of trouble learning the exact tab at 130 bpm.
Quote by birdycofir
That part that Kirk plays, at 3:50 to 3:52, is he actually playing something or are his fingers just flying aimlessly down the string?

Cause I'm having a lot of trouble learning the exact tab at 130 bpm.

Probably flying aimlessly, knowing Kirk's style...
ESP Edwards Explorer - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD V-300 - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD EC-401 - DiMarzio D Activator
Ibanez RG2EX2 - DiMarzio Super Distortion / LiquiFire
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 100
BOSS NS-2
Hardwire Polyphonic Tuner
Kirk is hardly the most precise guitarist out there. He's known to improvise a lot in the studio and live, so no two solos are exactly alike. I'd say he's just flailing around, but I don't know for sure.
Yeah, I thought so. By just spamming notes I can get it to sound right on my cheap amp, but on my other amp I hear alot of dead notes. But it's okay I guess, since the cheap amp sounds more like Kill 'em All.

Thanks for the replies.
I have the same question about The day that never comes solo at 6:59 - 7:02. Is he doing something precise (which I believe he isn't) or is he just tremolo pick and move left hand fingers in legato stile?
While Kirk may not be the tighest player ever, don't ruin your playing by resorting to just picking and spazzing your left hand about. If you do that you're never going to sound particularly good on that lick, instead I'd try to actually learn it or improvise in the place of it without resorting to just randomly playing notes and hoping for the best.