Wow, I've never heard dammit like this. It's great. Playing was a bit better than the singing, but overall you dd a good job.
Glad I could show you something new man, thanks for your comment back I appreciate it.
Hey, Nice cover bro. The guitar playing was great. Singing was good too but can be improved I think. Overall it was pretty enjoyable. I'll check out your other covers soon.
You know, in playing and singing videos I usually comment only the tehnical side of the things, but sometimes(as now) I really feel something more than just performing. I really liked that one. The playing was better, singing needs some improvement, but you have a lot of potential in my opinion, so keep pushing yourself. And send me a link, when you record this professionaly, I'd love to hear it.

C4C? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_nM1yqfibE
ArchitectFan : Thanks man sounds good.

Aim Sniff : Will do brother, I'll keep posting and trying to improve everything. I commented you.

SRTW : Thank you so much man! That's the best comment I've got in awhile! I really appreciate it. I'll never record this again, so forgot about anything professionally but I can promise you I'll keep makin videos! I commented your playing, thanks again man.
Quote by KuroNeko-kun
Very good, but try recording guitar and voice separately, it will be better

Not interested in doing this really. I want everything I ever do to be organic, if you can't walk into a room and sit down and do it, I don't think it's "right". Thanks for your comments/suggestion though Appreciate it.
well i cant say im familiar with the original but your playing sounds good. being new to singing myself and really trying to practice singing while im playing im not sure i could play this and sing it at the same time, at least not without working on it for awhile. your singing is a little monotonous and im not feeling a lot of energy coming out of it but it does seem to be a melancholy, low key song. my biggest advice would probably be to not get discouraged and take all of this critiques positively because if you keep working at it youll see the improvements happening as you go. i like your philosophy a lot about being organic and it seems like you have a good head on about the whole thing so i expect with each song you try theyll just get even more and more solid. i appreciate too the comments you left on my cover a day or two ago
Quote by jmako
well i cant say im familiar with the original but your playing sounds good. being new to singing myself and really trying to practice singing while im playing im not sure i could play this and sing it at the same time, at least not without working on it for awhile. your singing is a little monotonous and im not feeling a lot of energy coming out of it but it does seem to be a melancholy, low key song. my biggest advice would probably be to not get discouraged and take all of this critiques positively because if you keep working at it youll see the improvements happening as you go. i like your philosophy a lot about being organic and it seems like you have a good head on about the whole thing so i expect with each song you try theyll just get even more and more solid. i appreciate too the comments you left on my cover a day or two ago

Thanks very much mate. I def. think you could play and sing this at the same time, like anything it just requires practice. Indeed I try to ad a bit of melancholy to it, but your right I need to learn to make my voice more dynamic. I will def. take your advice, thanks a lot. Organic is the best way to go man, you should be able to pick up a guitar and do it, no effects or recording equipment needed. Feeling is in the artist, not the equipment.
The guitar playing is good. You got a little lost at parts, but the overall idea of it was good.

The singing needs a lot of work. I don't want to sound mean, but being brutally honest, there were very few parts where you were actually in key with the instrumentation for long. You need to work on staying in key before practicing anything else, the actual tone in your voice could be quite pleasant if you learn to hold your notes at the correct pitch. Right now, it sounds a bit monotone and there's little energy or passion to your singing, which makes it harder to listen to, because if you were going out of tune in your voice, but the performance was still great, it would be less of an issue

Keep it up though! Practice makes perfect.

Also - You mention this is "in the style of SOAD." When I think SOAD, I'm thinking System of a Down, and this sounds nothing like System of a Down. Maybe your meaning something else...?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The guitar playing is good. You got a little lost at parts, but the overall idea of it was good.

The singing needs a lot of work. I don't want to sound mean, but being brutally honest, there were very few parts where you were actually in key with the instrumentation for long. You need to work on staying in key before practicing anything else, the actual tone in your voice could be quite pleasant if you learn to hold your notes at the correct pitch. Right now, it sounds a bit monotone and there's little energy or passion to your singing, which makes it harder to listen to, because if you were going out of tune in your voice, but the performance was still great, it would be less of an issue

Keep it up though! Practice makes perfect.

Also - You mention this is "in the style of SOAD." When I think SOAD, I'm thinking System of a Down, and this sounds nothing like System of a Down. Maybe your meaning something else...?

Hey there,

Thanks a lot for your comment--I completely agree with everything you said--my singing def. needs a lot of work, I will continue to do my best and need to practice more (I don't really practice to be honest, I just do it). I'm glad you shared your honesty with me--that's the only way to get better.

As for in the style of SOAD; you're right it's system of a down--have you not heard their version?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8eiboLosCo

It's very good, I tried to match that one.
I wish i could have heard the guitar a bit more but it's nice to see that your hands are relaxed and you seem to be playing effortlessly.

vocally you could tell it needs work but I think everyone else has already covered that.
Have you thought of maybe taking another song and trying to arrange it in a SOAD type way? This way you can create something cool and still get some vocal work in.

Here's my video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_TJADTgypk