Page 1 of 2

You rule Ola.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Oh Ola, you so silly.

Sounds friggin fantastic though. Gonna check out what you did and modify for my own stuff.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
No idea you had a UG account. I always go to your videos first when I'm looking up an amp, very helpful.
West Ham United

HD Pro vs. that Axe FX. GO!

I hate to say it... but this is probably my favorite tone from you I've ever heard
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Ola Englund
Already on it

Nice! Can't wait to hear!

Is yours an Ultra/Standard or the II?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I do always watch the feardse stuff, however i am finding that they are all pretty much the same sounding no matter what i watch, i know they are slight differences depending on what amp you use, and i like that you can see how they would sound in a full recorded band set up, but if i want to buy something i want want to hear the amps true sound without all the processing after recording.

I will be taking this patch and putting iton my hd500 though as it sounded very nice
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Quote by avenge the rage
I do always watch the feardse stuff, however i am finding that they are all pretty much the same sounding no matter what i watch, i know they are slight differences depending on what amp you use, and i like that you can see how they would sound in a full recorded band set up, but if i want to buy something i want want to hear the amps true sound without all the processing after recording.

I will be taking this patch and putting iton my hd500 though as it sounded very nice

Just to inform you the "post processing" I'm using on the amp videos is just a low pass filter set to 7000hz. I bet you don't want to hear the amps true sound without it unless you want to destroy your ears listening to everything above 7000 hz when recording with a microphone into the center of the speaker.

Sorry just being defensive, happens when people claim I use A LOT of post processing. I did it for like one video and know everyone thinks I'm doing it for all my videos.

AAAAND that's me sounding like a a-hole, I don't like that. Hope you didn't take it that way.
No mate, i understand why you use that, i use it also.

It might just be your sig sound, but the amps seem very close sounding to each other.

I must admit though if i could get my sound to be as good as any you have i would be happy.

I can hear the differences more in things like when i watch the savage vid and then like a mesa vid.

Keep up the good work
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Quote by avenge the rage
No mate, i understand why you use that, i use it also.

It might just be your sig sound, but the amps seem very close sounding to each other.

I must admit though if i could get my sound to be as good as any you have i would be happy.

I can hear the differences more in things like when i watch the savage vid and then like a mesa vid.

Keep up the good work

Thanks man, and I agree I have my own sound that definitely shines through every amp I test, also I tend to dial the amps to fit my sound.
can i marry you ola? no homo

****ing awesome tone just as in every vid! any chance you could do another pod hd300 vid ?

btw when are feared touring the UK?
Gear

ESP LTD EC-401
Jackson DK2M
Line 6 POD HD300
Quote by stormtrooper887
can i marry you ola? no homo

****ing awesome tone just as in every vid! any chance you could do another pod hd300 vid ?

btw when are feared touring the UK?

We can marry I'm all for poly-marriages.

Thanks man, and sorry but no I only had the HD300 for two weeks last year. But we'll see I might buy one of these HD Pro babies just to have around! I'm pretty happy with the sound I'm getting.
how about hd pro vs ultra vs axe fx 2??
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
That was all done through a Pod HD? Holy shit...that sounds ****ing amazing! I know what's next on my list of toys...
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Awesome tone Ola, I love your videos.

Keep 'em coming!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I almost spit out my lunch when I noticed the Trololo video in the background. Anyway nice vid, I'm looking at a Pod HD myself and this just gave me more GAS
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I'm using crappy headphones at the moment, but I really liked the opening cleans. Not a big fan of the dirt though. The video was very well-done, as usual, and top-notch audio quality (despite my crappy headphones) as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Very nice tones.
Would not mind one of those pod hd rackmounts!
Ola i heard on the grapevine that you had a vypyr tube for testing Any idea when one can expect that?
Wow, that is one badass tone for a POD. Vids are some of the best on Youtube man, keep it up.

This is kind of random to ask in this thread but I was just wondering what your settings in the Orange Rockerverb demo were? I have yet to get such a chug worthy tone. Then again, I'm not playing on such a low tuning and the cab I'm running through is absolutely horrid.
Quote by Malice26
Wow, that is one badass tone for a POD. Vids are some of the best on Youtube man, keep it up.

This is kind of random to ask in this thread but I was just wondering what your settings in the Orange Rockerverb demo were? I have yet to get such a chug worthy tone. Then again, I'm not playing on such a low tuning and the cab I'm running through is absolutely horrid.

thnks man, check the beginning of the video. you should have a clear view of the settings used!
Great job as always.

That was good stuff at 3:30 or whatever and the solo was cool too

You should post that in here as well:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1495609

Looking forward to your Vypyr vid
which unit sounds better ola,the vypyr tube 60 or the pod hd??
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
which unit sounds better ola,the vypyr tube 60 or the pod hd??

Since they're two totally different products I can only say that if you want an amp, get a vypyr and if you want a desktop recording solution(and ability to build a rack rig) get the Pod HD pro.
Ola, ill trade you my very special pair of green lightning-bolt socks for that
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Ola Englund
Since they're two totally different products I can only say that if you want an amp, get a vypyr and if you want a desktop recording solution(and ability to build a rack rig) get the Pod HD pro.

not being a dick...
i want to know which unit sounds better irrespective of the size please ola
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
not being a dick...
i want to know which unit sounds better irrespective of the size please ola

no dick taken!

I actually like the Vypyr a lot! the sims sounds really great. Especially the JSX model. SO yeah I would definitely get that if you want an all in one amp head. I have yet to try the DT-series from line 6. I bet they sound awesome aswell.

I'm currently doing a video with the Vypyr 120 so you'll get the idea on how it sounds from there.
Quote by Eppicurt
You rule Ola.

+283473984529036802762480560892785497395
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Dude, that sounded pretty nice!

How would you say the HD pro compares to the HD500? Is it just a rackmount version? I've thought about getting an HD500 for a while now, but the idea of having it all in the rack sounds pretty cool... I already have a rack and PA. I'd love the simplicity of just plugging directly into the board and having my whole rig basically in one rack case, but I don't know if I could ever go completely sans amp.

What is your opinion of using this direct into a PA for gigging?

I don't mean to bombard you with questions, but I've been toying with the idea for a while and it seems like you've at least spent anough time with it to get some good sounds dialed in.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Thanks for sharing

U got a killer tone man \m/

like it a lot as well as your playing too
Quote by jpatan
Dude, that sounded pretty nice!

How would you say the HD pro compares to the HD500? Is it just a rackmount version? I've thought about getting an HD500 for a while now, but the idea of having it all in the rack sounds pretty cool... I already have a rack and PA. I'd love the simplicity of just plugging directly into the board and having my whole rig basically in one rack case, but I don't know if I could ever go completely sans amp.

What is your opinion of using this direct into a PA for gigging?

I don't mean to bombard you with questions, but I've been toying with the idea for a while and it seems like you've at least spent anough time with it to get some good sounds dialed in.

no worries. I THINK that the hd500 and hd pro are the same when it comes to the sounds. Of course the hd pro has a fair bit more in and outputs.

I haven't tried it with a amp yet. Next video perhaps! But I bet coupled with a tube power amp it will sound awesome.
Love your videos Ola, one question...what camera do you use? I'm wanting to take the plunge and get one (a camera) for various tasks.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Page 1 of 2