I've had this guitar a full year now, and thanks to the locking nut I've never really had to tune it much. But the past couple days I tune it, and when I'm done and everything's fine on my chromatic tuner, when I put the locking nuts back on, somehow the tuning goes flat, even though if anything you'd expect it to go sharp >.>
How old are your strings? Intonation and tuning issues about when your strings are old. It also makes sense that a locking nut could push the strings a little sharp anyway. I'm pretty sure that's what happened when I had one on my old strat.

EDIT: Shit you said flat. That definitely sounds like old strings to me.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Yeaaaah that's what WOULD make sense. Although my strings are only a month and half old or so, and they feel totally fine. It's just bizarre because I tune it perfect, check it once more to make sure it's in tune, but literally twenty seconds later I put the locking nut back on and it's flat.
Quote by jengel13
Yeaaaah that's what WOULD make sense. Although my strings are only a month and half old or so, and they feel totally fine. It's just bizarre because I tune it perfect, check it once more to make sure it's in tune, but literally twenty seconds later I put the locking nut back on and it's flat.

A month and a half :p

I change mine every 2 weeks and I use Elixir. But I play 4-6 hours a day so I guess I wear mine out more quickly. Either way, I'd slap on a new set of strings and let them break in before you do anything drastic.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Probably not a bad idea. I just like to procrastinate changing them since it's a floyd rose guitar and it's a pain when they need changing.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
A month and a half :p

I change mine every 2 weeks and I use Elixir. But I play 4-6 hours a day so I guess I wear mine out more quickly. Either way, I'd slap on a new set of strings and let them break in before you do anything drastic.

i am a 4-6 month restringer, and i have quite a bit of guitars that don't get played that often with strings likely over a year. i play a ton and my d'addarios dont really wear. i do not like the overly bright first few days with a guitar, for me they peak at 3-5 months.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am a 4-6 month restringer, and i have quite a bit of guitars that don't get played that often with strings likely over a year. i play a ton and my d'addarios dont really wear. i do not like the overly bright first few days with a guitar, for me they peak at 3-5 months.

Yuck. I don't know how people can do that. Maybe my sweat is super corrosive or something cause even Elixirs rust after 3 weeks for me. I can wear out a set of D'addarios in less than a week. Then again you have more guitars than I do I assume and they might well get less abuse than mine.

That being said, the point still stands.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Yuck. I don't know how people can do that. Maybe my sweat is super corrosive or something cause even Elixirs rust after 3 weeks for me. I can wear out a set of D'addarios in less than a week. Then again you have more guitars than I do I assume and they might well get less abuse than mine.

That being said, the point still stands.

yea i wear some of the strings so much you can literally look under a magnifying glass and see how the strings are literally thinner on the fret spots. i spend at least 4-6 hours on each one of them per week.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

I am in the same boat except I use coated on mine. Either DR or elixer.

TS- did you use the same gauge as the last set? Is the bridge level? Did this happen only after you restrung it?

I would restring and see if it happens again.
I did use the same gauge as last time. The bridge is a little off, but its never had an effect before on the tuning. And it hasn't been going flat when I put the locking nut on till just last night.
The FR is off in which direction? Meaning is it closer to the body on the neck side or the other side?

Is it all 6 six strings going flat or just one or two- usually the two paired together under the same locking nut?

How is the intonation?
It's tilted closer to the body on the other side, not the neck side. And all seven strings are going flat unfortunately, not just one or two :/
so... once you lock the nut can you bring it in tune with the fine tuners?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
How did you string it and bring it up to pitch in the first place?

Did you replace the strings one at a time taking one old string off then replacing it, or did you remove all the old strings then put on the new strings one at a time?

Did you bring the lowest string up to pitch then the next working up to the thinnest string?

Or the reverse? Started with the thinnest string then working up to the thickest string?

(These are all things I did with my LFR when I first got it 15 years ago.)