I'm looking to purchase a new acoustic soon, but need to wait about a month until my broken hand has healed until I can truly go out looking.

I already have a couple of acoustics worth close to $700(canadian dollars), and I want to upgrade and with selling those and putting up some extra cash I figure my spending limit is around 2 grand.

The problem is the only music store that will have a wide and varied selection is 3 hours away, so I'm looking for some suggestions that I can look into before going anywhere.

My experience with guitars in this price range is very limited, Ive played a Larivee(can't remember which model) and a Gibson Hummingbird. I'm very interested in Martins, and for sure want to try out a D-18, but other than that i don't know what else to look out for. I would like to try out a comparatively priced Taylor since its a pretty different sounding acoustic, but other than that, I would like some suggestions for similarly priced guitars.
try the Martin D-35 if u can. its an amazing acoustic.
also taylor acoustics are very very nice. theyre a little bit brighter sounding than martins. martin acoustics are very full and thick sounding.

The D-35 is probably my favorite acoustic though. it runs at around 2 grand too.
Quote by LedFender
also taylor acoustics are very very nice. theyre a little bit brighter sounding than martins. martin acoustics are very full and thick sounding.

Thats what I've always heard, and having only ever played 1 martin, I figured playing a taylor would lead me toward figuring out which sound I preferred, and I could make my decision on what else to try out based on that.
Hmm there are honestly so many options in this price range that it's hard NOT to have to play them all. It took me MONTHS to decide on my Taylor 712. The D-18 is a great guitar, but I'd also recommend trying out the D-28, same style but with Rosewood instead.

Taylors have a DRAMATICALLY different sound from Martins though and I personally tend to dislike them. Cedar tops are the only ones that catch my ear. Depending on what styles you play you might also check out the Martin 000 and OMs, I prefer them to the Dreds. The OM-28V, which is slightly out of your price range, is one of my favorite mass production guitars.

Another route to take would be looking at lower end, used Santa Cruz instruments, they sometimes do the Martin tone btter than Martin.

The options truly are limitless and you really need to go play them. I hate saying that because I always want advice online but I played multple multi thousand dollar guitars to end up with my Taylor and I never would have looked at a 712 unless someone put it in my hands.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712