Alright guys,

I apologise for the lazy post, but does anyone know what sort of connections the new CAP-LZ10/20 pickups use in the RGA32 guitars nowadays? Are they compatible with the quick connect systems of other active pickups, or do the wires go all the way into pickup? I haven't been able to find any photos of the back of the pickups online.

The pickups sound surprisingly good themselves, especially clean. Distorted tones are better than expected too, although lacking a little clarity compared to the EMG 81 set I plan to replace them with (and of course a 9v battery).

Thanks for any replies!
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?
For anyone wanting to know in the future, I just got time to look for myself, and they are 'hardwired' to the pickup so to speak, rather than the quick connect type system.
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?
Haha, I meant more just the three prong connectors at the pickup end rather than all that solderless crap. I'm still going to have to faff about with soldering the shields to pots etc. I wouldn't know how to solder to the 3 prongs particularly. I probably didn't explain myself very well, sorry.
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?
Thanks mate I'd already finished before I saw that though. Just drew it out myself as I couldn't find one online and replaced as appropriate. Only scare moment was plugging the pickups in the wrong way round and getting no noise.

As for tone - much more clarity when distorted now, but the cleans sound bobbins.
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?
Haha it does. The AA battery compartment is a single unit in the new models, so the cover goes when you remove the rest of it. No nice recessed Back plate to cover the hole. Any suggestions on making my own cover? I don't have the tools to make a recess in the wood, so it would stick out a little? I didn't shove it in the other cavity as I'm keeping that free to do the 18v mod if I think it needs it after a few days.

I'll draw out the RGA32 wiring diagram soon for anyone who needs it in the future. Ibanez seem to have stopped providing them.
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?
Quote by ultrablue
Haha it does. The AA battery compartment is a single unit in the new models, so the cover goes when you remove the rest of it. No nice recessed Back plate to cover the hole. Any suggestions on making my own cover? I don't have the tools to make a recess in the wood, so it would stick out a little? I didn't shove it in the other cavity as I'm keeping that free to do the 18v mod if I think it needs it after a few days.

I'll draw out the RGA32 wiring diagram soon for anyone who needs it in the future. Ibanez seem to have stopped providing them.

AA batteries? What are they playing at?
I know. Turns out the stock pickups are 'a little bit' active. It's stupid really, but knowing it ran off 3v made me feel like I'd got it from the Early Learning Centre. Plays and looks great though, it's my favourite guitar out of those I own, yet also the cheapest!
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?