Okay guys. I have been playing different kinds of tube/valve amps for a while now and I can get the sound that I want from most amplifiers I plug into. The problem that I have is that I want to know how I can mix in the gain from a distortion pedal into the overdrive channel of an amplifier without interference occurring?

I am capable of getting my distortion pedals to work through the clean channel of my amps, but not so much when it comes to the over-driven channel. I'm sure it's something to do with the gain or volume settings on my pedals but I want to be sure. My pedals are the the standard Boss SD and DS pedals along with an Ibanez Tubescreamer that I picked up a while back. My two tube amplifiers are made by Bogner and Blackstar.
I only intend to use one distortion pedal at a live gig just for an 'added boost' to my sound.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/steven+seagull/music/play677595

Check my mp3s, one of them is my amp boosted with a Boss OD3 - you can compare that with the other ones which are just the amp on it's own to see how they sound...general rule of thumb is set the amp however you want it then keep the gain low and keep the level high on pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Back off the distortion/drive on the pedals.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
thanks for the info guys, I'll try my setup out and post again as to whether it works.
yeah the key is having the gain on the pedal low. I use a tube screamer to boost overdrive channels all the time.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣