Hi,

My 1st post

I'm in the market for a Les paul re issue. I keep hearing of prices around 1800 for an R4. But I cannot seem to find anything in that price range.

My question is - if your looking for one where would you look? Of course not get taken with a fake either. So quality sites or reputable dealers are a must.
The cheapest ones will always be on eBay but of course you risk getting a crap or damaged guitar, maybe even a fake, unless you know what you're looking for. Any proper shop is going to ask almost as much for a second hand Gibson reissue as they are new. My advice is to do your research, learn how to spot a dud guitar then you can take advantage of eBay, craigslist and other such places to get the best deal.
Quote by ujcdv
Hi,

My 1st post

I'm in the market for a Les paul re issue. I keep hearing of prices around 1800 for an R4. But I cannot seem to find anything in that price range.

My question is - if your looking for one where would you look? Of course not get taken with a fake either. So quality sites or reputable dealers are a must.

Go to the classified sections on The Gear Page, My Les Paul and the Les Paul Forum. All 3 are pretty tight knit communities, particularly TGP and LPF so your chances of getting scammed there are VERY low.
I doubt you'll get a decent shape used Re-Issue for 1800. The going price for an R7/R8 in good shape is slightly over 2K as they don't depreciate much. Some of the MLP Vendors will sell new R7/R8s for well under $3K.

And yes the Member classifieds would be the best place to buy used, if a fake were posted there the members would be all over it pretty quick.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Dec 29, 2011,
Go have a look on MLP and check out stuff there. No-one posts fakes without getting caught within about 10 mins. Some good prices too.

I got my RI at Eddie's Guitars, you could get a new R4 for about $2700-3000. Just ask for Brett and say that guitarbob123 sent you there, you'll get a good deal.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
hey guys

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I think I will take all of your advise.
Quote by digman50
Go have a look on MLP and check out stuff there. No-one posts fakes without getting caught within about 10 mins. Some good prices too.

I got my RI at Eddie's Guitars, you could get a new R4 for about $2700-3000. Just ask for Brett and say that guitarbob123 sent you there, you'll get a good deal.

Brett's good. I got my R7 from him.
Moving on.....