Just some advice here.

A month ago now, I ordered a JMI Tonebender through Music Ground. Some of you probably can guess what this is gunna be about... I ordered it on next day delivery. And it's not here. I have been told 5 times it has been dispatched when it hasn't. I was told it was definitely dispatched last Monday and would be here the next day. I was given a tracking number for Royal Mail so that put my mind at rest as I knew it had been dispatched. However, it's still not here.

I was interested as to see what other people's experiences were. As a whole, terrible, it turns out.

So I phoned JMI directly today and told them the situation. I was told that Music Ground has been closed for 15 years. But I've been talking to a sales rep for the last month.

Can someone please set the record straight for me as I do not trust a word Music Ground says. JMI (I know they are owned by Music Ground or something) seem to be a lot more helpful and the people I have been talking to there have been pretty good so far.

Is Music Ground still open? What is the deal with all the legal trouble with them?

I have been very tempted to cancel my order but all the reviews of this pedal are really good and I trust it will be a very good pedal. And plus it has been dispatched now, so I'd have to send it back. Please advise?
yeah i wouldn't trust them, based on what i've heard

no personal experience, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
doesn't look good buddy. doesn't look good.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I know. JMI have been very good to me though. Music Ground has been shit, but JMI have been better and I trust this issue will get resolved. Always read about this sort of thing happening to everyone else but never expect it to happen to yourself
They're pretty far away. At by pay them a visit, you mean break Justin Harrison's (the guy in charge, if you see that name anywhere, don't buy from them) knee caps? I don't think anything would bring me greater joy, but he is on holiday. Probably using my money on a cheap slut as we speak.
If Royal Mail say it's been dispatched just sit back and wait and decide what you're going to do after that. Knowing Royal Mail it will probably get to you in a month or two.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
That is the plan Cathbard. I know it has been dispatched and understand it can take longer due to the time of year. However, Manson's Guitar Shop (they make bass guitars for John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page is a customer) have kindly agreed to check the pedal over for me and tell me if it is as described. They have strong ties with Led Zeppelin and seeing as I bought this pedal because Jimmy Page used a near identical one, I'm going to trust their judgement over nearly anyone else's.
EDIT:
sorry mistook it for another shop, music grounds in denmark street is still open if you go there yourself with a receipt and a copy of the order and talk with someone they may be able to talk to someone that can do something about it

that or you can wait
Last edited by MM14 at Dec 29, 2011,
wait, what? Sorry I had some helpful bit of advice, then I spent the last 15 minutes staring at your avatar. Now I have no idea what I was going to say, and my pants are wet and sticky for some reason.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I've had good experiences with them in the past..

Unless they closed down in the past 3 weeks I can confirm it's still open. What's this legal trouble you speak of?

It's probably just lost in the royal mail system, I know plenty of people who are having similar problems.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Is it the music ground in London or Leeds you are on about, as Leeds store closed, and apparently moved but I don't know where to
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
yo lewis

there was some legal trouble a while back where they were getting prosecuted for handling stolen goods or something like that (and/or selling fakes, i forget). It might have been teh leeds one, though.

it was a while ago, i can't really remember, i'm sure if you do a google search something might come up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It just all slightly concerned me. The first thing you get when you type "Music Ground" into Google is "Court case" and "fakes"...
haha yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yo lewis

Davey

I just googled music ground.. Holy hell, they've got their fingers in plenty of pies and I had no idea! Guess I'll think twice before dealing with them again..

*themoreyouknow.jpg*

WholeLottaIzzy: keep us updated, hope it's all kosher

And Dave: your signature actually made me laugh out loud, well done!

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details

though what i really should have done was put colin/roc's reply in rather than write it myself. it's so long ago i doubt i could find it easily now

though i might look to see

EDIT: yay
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 29, 2011,