My RG1570 is tuned to D# standard with Ernie ball 9 gauge strings, the action is fairly low, and the bridge is completely parallel to body, blocked with two woods on back cavity. The neck relief is normal and straight.... I find my guitar strings to have string tensions more than what it should be normally... I mean, I have played my fellow guitarists Jackson Kelly and the strings are quite low tension and very comfortable to bend....

what can be the reason? Is there any way I can fix it?
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
i'm not certain, but blocking the trem *might* affect how the strings feel.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
was he using the same gauge strings and the same tuning?
also if the scale of the neck was different then the strings would have to be at a different tension to be in the same tuning as your guitar
the other guy had same gauge strings and same tuning, and the scale length of the two guitars are same too!
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
do new strings have more tension? I just put some new strings today....
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
have you stretched them?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah that's sorta what i meant
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh yes I forgot to mention he got a FR bridge...

is the tension normally more on a TOM/fixed bridge comparing to a FR bridge??
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
You're using .09 gauge strings tuned down half a step and you're complaining?

Some brands of strings actually have more tension than other brands, all other things being equal. D'addario strings, from my experience, seem more tighter than most other brands of strings.
Quote by zincabopataurio
You're using .09 gauge strings tuned down half a step and you're complaining?

Some brands of strings actually have more tension than other brands, all other things being equal. D'addario strings, from my experience, seem more tighter than most other brands of strings.

That's odd. In my experience D'Addario are one of the more flexible strings. DR Tight Fits on the other hand are much stiffer.