Hey UG, first of all hope you all had an ace Christmas

Anyway. I'm in a melodic hardcore band and for the past few months I've been playing through just my Peavey JSX, orange 4x12 cab and a korg pitch black tuner. I used to have a boss ns-2 and a bbe sonic stomp but I felt that they weren't really needed as the jsx has a built in noise gate and only a little turn down on my guitar is needed to wipe out any feedback and i felt the JSX had enough balls without the sonic stomp

ANYWAY, i'm after a delay pedal. I think I'm going to play it safe and get a boss dd-7. I'm definitely after a digital delay as opposed to analogue. Will the DD7 give me unwanted noise that'll require me to need some form of noise reduction pedal? I'm not really a pro with signals etc but I've been told that it'd be best to put the dd-7 through the loop too?
Just want to double check if i'm gonna be needing another ns2 or something anytime soon
Also if you have any better suggestions for a digital delay they're more than welcome!

I've also been looking into getting a maxon od808 or maybe a more subtle OD like the boss blues driver? I just don't know if it'd be needed is all.

The kind of sound my band are playing is like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izcEydE4esk&ob=av2n . If you can think of any other pedals to help me achieve that kind of sound then help me out and drop a comment!

I have about £200 to spend in total

Happy holidays!
Quote by JakeLTD
Hey UG, first of all hope you all had an ace Christmas

Anyway. I'm in a melodic hardcore band and for the past few months I've been playing through just my Peavey JSX, orange 4x12 cab and a korg pitch black tuner. I used to have a boss ns-2 and a bbe sonic stomp but I felt that they weren't really needed as the jsx has a built in noise gate and only a little turn down on my guitar is needed to wipe out any feedback and i felt the JSX had enough balls without the sonic stomp

ANYWAY, i'm after a delay pedal. I think I'm going to play it safe and get a boss dd-7. I'm definitely after a digital delay as opposed to analogue. Will the DD7 give me unwanted noise that'll require me to need some form of noise reduction pedal? I'm not really a pro with signals etc but I've been told that it'd be best to put the dd-7 through the loop too?
Just want to double check if i'm gonna be needing another ns2 or something anytime soon
Also if you have any better suggestions for a digital delay they're more than welcome!

I've also been looking into getting a maxon od808 or maybe a more subtle OD like the boss blues driver? I just don't know if it'd be needed is all.

The kind of sound my band are playing is like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izcEydE4esk&ob=av2n . If you can think of any other pedals to help me achieve that kind of sound then help me out and drop a comment!

I have about £200 to spend in total

Happy holidays!

If you don't think an OD is needed, don't get one. Delay will sound better through the loop. Shouldn't be any extra noise. I know for your price range you could probably get something better than Boss, but I'm not knowledgeable on delays.

Good luck.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
**** the DD 7, get the TC Electronics Flashback delay or a Line 6 DL - 4.
Both of those are awesome and having a good delay gives you a lot of new ideas as well.he DL-4 *may* introduce a little noise but I dont think its anything to worry about. A noise suppresor shouldn't be needed.
i've heard of quite a few people that the dl4 has a history of breaking a lot though? or is that just a myth? haha
Also please suggest any other effects you think i should look into!
The TC Flashback delay is the shit. It has every setting you could possibly want, and it sounds amazing doing all of them. its like a swiss army knife of delays.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by JakeLTD
i've heard of quite a few people that the dl4 has a history of breaking a lot though? or is that just a myth? haha
Also please suggest any other effects you think i should look into!

Nah dude...they're pretty solid from what I've heard.
I havent tried one myself though.

The Flashback Delay on the other hand, I HAVE tried and it is one fantastic pedal.

As for other effects, I don't really know what your band sounds like. I guess the delay should offer you quite a few options to expand your sound....the looper feature should make for some interesting stuff. Not to mention all the other delay types.
you could get some sort of modulation? Possibly a phaser?
If you want to get really weird, get a ring modulator.
get a joyo or something like that for teh od. it's a ts808 clone for about £25-£30. If you're only using it as a boost for your amp i'd defy anyone to hear much difference from the "real thing". maybe if you're using it into a clean cork TGP amp (and even then).

i'm not sure i'd say, "if you don't think you need an od you probably don't." I thought that with my engl and then finally got an od and it was awesome. Even if your amp already has enough gain, you may prefer the sound of it with teh gain rolled back a little with an od in front. Considering how cheap those joyos are (and how expensive your amp was), it'd almost be churlish not to at least try it.

decimator is teh usual suggestion for a noise gate. though the g-string version is pretty expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by guitarguychris1
The TC Flashback delay is the shit. It has every setting you could possibly want, and it sounds amazing doing all of them. its like a swiss army knife of delays.

True dat. I can almost feel myself levitate once I switch mines on.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal