So i have heard that if you plug a bass guitar into an guitar amp, you can damage the speakers. I have a roland cube that feature an aux input, so i can plug in my ipod and jam etc... But can this damage the speakers? I mean there is bass guitar on almost all songs, so wouldnt those low notes damage it over time? Also 8will low tunings damage the speaker?

If i play bass guitar trough the aux input, will it harm the speaker? Im only talking about practice volumes here.
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Dec 29, 2011,
Only if you play very loudly.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Bass guitar =/= Music from iPod

The AUX input was made for cd/mp3 players. If it destroys your amp somehow, bitch to the manufacturer.

It should, however, do no damage.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Three questions, the answer to each of which is 'no'.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Usernames sucks
Will plugging a bass guitar into the aux hurt the speakers? Im only gonna use it for practice volumes.

Why would you plug into the AUX, when you could plug into the amp itself?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Usernames sucks
Will plugging a bass guitar into the aux hurt the speakers? Im only gonna use it for practice volumes.

The only reason that Bass 'hurts' speakers is because some of them aren't designed to reproduce Bass frequencies.

This is not a problem with the speakers in the Cube. It may sound like festered ass, but it won't 'hurt' anything but your credibility.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
The only reason that Bass 'hurts' speakers is because some of them aren't designed to reproduce Bass frequencies.

This is not a problem with the speakers in the Cube. It may sound like festered ass, but it won't 'hurt' anything but your credibility.

The cube speakers can take a bass guitar? o.O
Quote by Zoot Allures

Yes, at least according to the speaker specifications.

I make no guarantees as to how it will sound (other than my comments above) but it won't 'hurt' anything.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Zoot Allures

well...

do you think it could play a cd through the aux that's nothing but bass?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer