I need some advice on pedals. I'm probably going to get either a Boss D-1 or a Danelectro CM-2 Metal Distortion II. I think I trust Boss as a brand over Danelectro, but I need a pedal that is really good for metal and hard rock like Demon Hunter, Skillet, Breaking Benjamin, etc. I would go with the Boss pedal, but I'm not sure if it would be as good for metal as the Dano pedal (and I can't afford the Boss' metal pedal). What do you guys think?
I have a D-1 and alone it definitely can't get solid metal tones on its own. If you're going for boss pedals and your budget isn't too tight, try the Metal Zone, Metal Core, or Power Stack
TS what is your budget? There are much better distortion pedals than those.
Quote by Musician4Jesus
What about a MD-2? The description on Musician's Friend says that it's good for modern metal and dropped tunings, which is pretty much what I'm lookin for?

Nah, avoid Boss, and MF reviews.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
What kind of amp do you have? Blind suggestion though, MXR Distortion+
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Sputnik1
OK, limitless budget then...

Wampler SLOstortion or Triple Wreck.

Given that the pedals he's suggested are both sub-$100 pedals, I'd assume a budget of $100 maximum, wouldn't you?
Quote by Dan_5893
Given that the pedals he's suggested are both sub-$100 pedals, I'd assume a budget of $100 maximum, wouldn't you?

No, you can't make that assumption. Some people just don't know what pedals are available and we also don't know where the TS lives. Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions.
Check out the T-Rex Tonebug Totenschlager. They can be found on ebay for about $75. For that price that pedal is better than most of the sub $100 pedals. Great tone and t-rex is a great company. Plus it has a cool name "totenschlager" roughly translates to face melting
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Dec 30, 2011,
A metal muff is sweet I've played on them alot and they sound great for rock and metal. Skillet ROCKS =]