after alot of debate about the mini recto and 5150, ive decided to put an end to having to pick one side, im getting both im getting both amps listed in the title, but am not sure about which type of cab to get. i want the v30s, but will a 4x12 do a mini amp at 25 and 50 watts justice? or should i settle for 2x12? also does brand make a difference? mesa? avatar? orange? i want alot of thump and full sound, but it will be for apartment playing. will these amps even be able to push the speakers enough to get a good sound? please help as i am going in tomorrow to purchase a cab.

if i do get the 2x12 or 4x12, cant i just rewire the thing so i can use one or two speakers if i wanted to? how would that sound in a big box using less speakers? or another consideration is if i wanted to later take out one v30 or two and put in a 75 or 100 in X config.

thanks
Last edited by Axxion24 at Dec 29, 2011,
Yes brand will make a difference because they will be different cabs. All the cabs you listed are good cabs but havent played through any of them enough to tell you which one to get. As far as 2x12 vs 4x12, will you be playing with a band? If so you might want to go for a 4x12. If not a 2x12 will be just fine.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
Quote by ultimate-rocker
Yes brand will make a difference because they will be different cabs. All the cabs you listed are good cabs but havent played through any of them enough to tell you which one to get. As far as 2x12 vs 4x12, will you be playing with a band? If so you might want to go for a 4x12. If not a 2x12 will be just fine.

just playing at home