Basically, I'm a guitarist whose band is going to begin practicing for live gigs very soon - Up until this point, I've been recording our songs on my own with a copy of garageband, and I've mostly been using effect simulators on the program to handle my guitar sound - however, obviously I'm going to need a more practical approach when performing live. The majority of my sound is pretty much just reverbs and delays, and I already have an EHX Memory Boy (which I love), but I'm short of a reverb pedal (and the reverb on my AC30 isn't really enough for the kind of sounds I want to achieve).

I'm looking for one that's big and expansive, not just a standard bluesy spring reverb - the sort of thing that would fit right in with ambient/shoegaze/space rock style music. Preferably with a lot of means of customizing the sound. I've already looked at the Line 6 Verbzilla and the Behringer RV600, although I must admit I'm not a great fan of either company and would like to weigh out different options before making a final decision. My budget is a maximum of £100 - the "shimmer" effect which is present on both of the latter pedals is preferable, but obviously not a necessity since it's a bit of a specific feature.

Thanks in advance!
the line 6 verbzilla is a really good pedal. Just because it's line 6 doesn't mean it's bad. It really does have some great reverbs. The cave setting is massive

Also check out the boss rv-3. Tons of post rock/ambient bands use those.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
As usual, I'll recommend the Hardwire RV-7. Hardwire gives you a lot of bang for your buck in their pedals, and they're all pretty good, if not great.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The hardwire is good too. I used to own one. It doesn't get quite as washy as the verbzilla does, but it sounds great. I used to love using the modulated mode
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
MXR Carbon Copy and TC Electronic Nova Repeater are two very versatile, warm, set-n-forget delays. Can't go wrong with either one.

They're over $100, but worth every last penny. However the TC Electronic has oodles of options to choose from. And having a tap function is pretty handy.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Last edited by music_warrior at Dec 29, 2011,
I prefer the TC Hall of Fame to the RV-7, for ambient sounds that is. The RV-7 has good sound, but it's hard to pull over the top reverbs with it whereas the TC has the church mode, wich covers the ambient stuff pretty well
I LOVE my MXR carbon copy! I've also got a TC Electronics Flashback which is awesome as well! If you're looking into either, they're both worth it! If you get looking for a high end analogue delay check out the JHS Panther. Super cool but $$$!

I don't know what your budget is, but when I have the money, I'm picking up the Strymon Blue Sky. Its one of the coolest reverb pedals I've ever seen! They're like $299 so NOT cheap but sound AMAZING! I can't even begin to tell you everything it can do. Here's a link with info and demos:

http://www.strymon.net/products/bluesky/
I just realized that you're looking for a reverb, not a delay.

In that case, I got nuthin. I don't really use reverb.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Quote by bpdeem
I LOVE my MXR carbon copy! I've also got a TC Electronics Flashback which is awesome as well! If you're looking into either, they're both worth it! If you get looking for a high end analogue delay check out the JHS Panther. Super cool but $$$!

I don't know what your budget is, but when I have the money, I'm picking up the Strymon Blue Sky. Its one of the coolest reverb pedals I've ever seen! They're like $299 so NOT cheap but sound AMAZING! I can't even begin to tell you everything it can do. Here's a link with info and demos:

http://www.strymon.net/products/bluesky/

I would love a Strymon Bluesky. They're a little too pricey though, with that money I could buy my reverb and then some other effect I've been wanting to look at like fuzz.

But yeah, all these suggestions are great - I'm particularly liking the TC Hall of Fame. Thanks guys