Alright, so I got this geeter:

And the pickguard's all metal and black, and the rest of the guitar's not. But I don't want a black-on-black guitar, that's too cliche, I just want a cool painted pickguard. The pickguard seems to be powdercoated steel, and they're like $40 on Ebay, so I can get a replacement one easy.

First of all, what would I have to do to paint it, and second of all, what would be a cool paintjob for it?
Maybe buff the protective coating, paint it, then add a new layer of protective coating
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by italiarlz135
You can try Pearlescent paint, or glow in the dark

Now that's actually a pretty badass idea.

Quote by Wisthekiller
I did that. To repeat: you scuff THE PICKGUARD, you prime THE PICKGUARD, then you paint THE PICKGUARD (Ferrari Red).

Well you see Charvel offers Ferrari Red as a color option, so I was confused at what you meant.
the pickguard is metal? What is the point in that? it seems dumb to just make it heavier.
Honk
Quote by Wisthekiller
I did that. To repeat: you scuff THE PICKGUARD, you prime THE PICKGUARD, then you paint THE PICKGUARD (Ferrari Red).

Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Mukersman
the pickguard is metal? What is the point in that? it seems dumb to just make it heavier.

I don't mind heavy guitars. It could by 20 pounds heavier and I wouldn't care.