what is the difference? i know the s6 original has a wider neck. i dont know which to choose. does it have a good low action?
I am not sure about the wider neck actually. Isn't the S6 slim the one with the narrow neck? I think the difference is that the original has a Cedar top, and the Entourage has a Spruce top.
the original s6 does have a wider neck (1.8" nut) compared to the entourage (1.72" nut). the finish on the the original is smoother - it's a semi gloss finish, as compared to the entourage. and i don't know why this is, but the original s6's always sound better to me. i've blind tested them against the entourages, and i can tell one from the other. perhaps different bracing.

i had the action on both my seagulls lowered, but then i have the action on most guitars lowered. i've rarely come across a factory guitar with action i like, and for a good reason - some people like higher action, so factory action is set as a sort of compromise. or that's how it's been explained to me when i asked.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
The finish may be the main factor in this case. Seagull states on their website that their semi-gloss models (including the S6 Original) are given 4 coats of lacquer. The satin-esque finish on the Entourage series are probably given 2 coats of lacquer (considering their high-gloss models are given 8 coats). This will in theory allow the top to vibrate more freely, but IMO, this just accentuates the overly-bright characteristic of Seagulls. The thicker Semi-gloss finish would tame some of the higher frequencies, which would result in a smoother, warmer sound that many people prefer. Another factor may be the thinner neck. Because it has less mass, it will resonate at higher frequencies than the thicker Original neck. Another reason why the Entourage series sound a little harsh to me. Just some thoughts.

(P.S. I'm back! Had to take a little leave for awhile. Remember me Patticake?)
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Always a good idea. Try before you buy. Nobody can tell you what's perfect for you, except You.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)