Page 1 of 2
Oops. Sorry my body parts hurt you as I was being ripped apart from getting hit by a train.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Oh, come on. It's not like everyone's like that.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
And who does the woman expect to the get money from?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
"If you die in a horrific train accident, be sure to aim your severed body away from any bystanders,"

You make a reasonable case

GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!!
Quote by Jostry
And who does the woman expect to the get money from?

She's suing his estate.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS

Im sorry, but that's the most ridiculous shit I've ever read.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nakon14
Well, I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Clearly he didn't either!

http://instantrimshot.com/

In all honesty, this is the stupidest court case I've heard in a long time(And that's saying something), I'll be surprised if the judge doesn't throw it out.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
It's reasonable to expect medical costs to be covered, anything more than that is ridiculous.
The stories about the Shanghai pillow fight and the guy beating the shit out of strangers with a cow bone were better.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I'm pretty sure the article said it was an accident, not a suicide.

Yeah?

Well...your face was an accident.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 29, 2011,
Tbh if it was a suicide and not an accident I think the case is fair. Medical bills don't pay themselves.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by necrosis1193
Clearly he didn't either!

http://instantrimshot.com/

In all honesty, this is the stupidest court case I've heard in a long time(And that's saying something), I'll be surprised if the judge doesn't throw it out.

Can't be stupider than the women that tried to sue satan.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Can't be stupider than the women that tried to sue satan.

Or the politician that tried to sue God?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by StewieSwan
Tbh if it was a suicide and not an accident I think the case is fair. Medical bills don't pay themselves.

Neither do funerals. Besides, what happened to respect for the dead?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

They're dead. They don't care. Let me stress that I said IF it was a suicide, she could have a case. It wasn't, so she doesn't.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 29, 2011,
If the judge doesn't throw this case out, and punish the woman for being such a stupid cunt, I will be enraged.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

As has been said, if it were a suicide I don't think this would be unreasonable. As a direct and forseeable result of someone's action, harm would have been caused.
Someone dying doesn't wipe away their responsibilities and consequences of their actions.

HOWEVER, this was not a suicide, it was an accident, which is why this is unreasonable.
I thought this happened in Japan.

I've lost a little faith in humanity once again.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
so he's negligent in the fact that he stepped onto the rail line, and as a consequence of that negligence a person was injured. The only thing that's really an issue is whether there's a duty of care to not injure those around you by your actions and whether it's reasonably foreseeable that flying body parts (or entire bodies) might injure other people.

This isn't like cars where the car can and should avoid the person. This was a train. They don't have much in the way of collision avoidance and by stepping on the line (or near the line) he was negligent.

what part do people have a problem with?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Dude like, what?

EDIT:
Quote by Adrian Chen
"If you die in a horrific train accident, be sure to aim your severed body away from any bystanders"
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by dale-banez
Oh, come on. It's not like everybody's like that.

Fixed.
still can't see why this is an issue. Could anyone explain the problem they're having with this?

I know it looks ridiculous at first glance but it's not unreasonable when you think about it.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

what part do people have a problem with?

Probably the fact that he's dead, I don't know. I could be wrong.
pinga
Damn liberals, think they can get away with throwing bits of themselves everywhere
Since he has matters to settle on this planet, his ghost hasn't left yet. It should make an appearance in the court and be like "bitch you know what, Ima ghostrape all yer asses."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Lemoninfluence
still can't see why this is an issue. Could anyone explain the problem they're having with this?

I know it looks ridiculous at first glance but it's not unreasonable when you think about it.

The issue is that she is suing him because she was injured by something he had no control over.
Quote by Cb4rabid

A person's estate continues after their death.

Quote by Tsar66
The issue is that she is suing him because she was injured by something he had no control over.

he could have, you know, not stepped on the rail line. It's not like the train suddenly swerved to miss a kitten and accidentally kersplatted him.

He went onto the rail track. If you step on the rail track is it reasonably foreseeable that you could be hit by a train?

Assuming you answer yes to that question, is it reasonably foreseeable that you or your bodyparts would be flung into the air?

And if you answer yes to that question, is it reasonably foreseeable that you or your bodyparts could injure someone?

He's being sued because it was his actions that caused incident.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Cb4rabid

Hence why she's suing his estate, not the dead man himself...

Quote by Tsar66

Once again, the dead man isn't being sued, his actions (negligence) prior to his death is the subject which she is using for her case against his estate.

DonGedit: ^ Damn you
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Lemoninfluence
he could have, you know, not stepped on the rail line. It's not like the train suddenly swerved to miss a kitten and accidentally kersplatted him.
How do you know this isn't the case?

You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
he has a duty of care to innocent bystanders, fact that he facilitated causation makes him negligent
DANK MEMES
Page 1 of 2