Hi,
I recently installed a crunch lab in my Ibanez and wired it in series. It sounds great but I'm curious as to how different it would sound in parallel. Does anyone have any sound clips of how it compares in the 2 modes? I imagine there must be someone on here with this pickup and a series/parallel switch so if anyone goes to the effort to record one then thankyou in advance! Also - what is considered to be the standard way if doing it, series are parallel? I just assumed that series was the normal as the instructions listed series first (note:this was my first time installing pickups).
Thanks!
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Parallel wiring sounds weaker/thinner, more like a single coil, but still cancels hum. I wouldn't suggest it if you want metal or rock tones, although its very nice for cleans.
Quote by littlephil
Parallel wiring sounds weaker/thinner, more like a single coil, but still cancels hum. I wouldn't suggest it if you want metal or rock tones, although its very nice for cleans.

OK cheers Well I'm going to install a single coil switch at some point anyway so if I want a single coil sound I'll use that. The reason I was wondering specifically how the crunch lab would sound in parallel is that it already has a rather thick/warm tone in series and I wonder how much would be lost in parallel.

I'm also interested in how the sound compares with the pickup the other way around. Currently I have the bar facing the neck which again is the standard setup. So if anyone can point me to any sound clips of that too it would be much appreciated.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Last edited by llBlackenedll at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by littlephil

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just installed a single coil switch (a tone knob push/pull pot thing that I salvaged from my Aria Pro XR II) and wow - these pickups are fantastic as single coils too, and suddenly all the cleaner tones on my amp make much more sense :P