Hi I'm currently in a band and using an egnater rebel 30 watt head with the matching 1x12 cabinet that goes with it. Unfortunately it's not cutting through. When I turn it up too loud it over-distorts and I think the cabinet just isnt powerful enough. I need a recommendation on a cabinet (any brand, new or used) for 400$ or less that will help me be louder and cut through while maintaining better tone. Portability is a huge plus but I'm willing to go without. Can you help me?
why two threads?

what kind of music do you play?

gigging i take it?

is the Egnater 112 an open back and what kind of speaker does it have?

what are your settings on your amp and are you using an OD/boost?

Look at an Avatar 212 closed back. Your choice of speakers and tolex is around $400-$450.
It's a hard rock/blues band, think a more produced early black keys sound.
Yes we gig and my friends couldn't hear me at all last show.
Its not open back, not sure of the speaker type.
I have the gain at about 3 o clock, eq bass 4, mid 1, treble 3.
And thanks for the rec!
+1

Quote by c-rob6422
It's a hard rock/blues band, think a more produced early black keys sound.
Yes we gig and my friends couldn't hear me at all last show.
Its not open back, not sure of the speaker type.
I have the gain at about 3 o clock, eq bass 4, mid 1, treble 3.
And thanks for the rec!

The mids is what allows you to cut.

Technically, you have the Bass and Treble pretty low too. I mean, what does the amp sound like with everything at 12 noon? But yeah, boost your mids, maybe get a tubescreamer type OD and prop your cab up on a box or something and try again. If it is still not 'cutting' it - get a bigger cab. But remember, a bigger cab will not actually give you a ton more volume. They will push more air and give you more thump for sure. Just sayin'
^ sorry

reading comprehension fail (I was thinking 1-10 scale) it was late.

if you are convinced it is the cab then look at the Avatar or the Egnater Tourmaster 212.

I also see quite a few Marshall 4x12 cabs on your craigslist that are within reach and a Diezel 4x12.