I have a Fender Super Champ XD amp and the Fender footswitch for switching between the clean channel and the higher gain channels, as well as switching effects on/off. The issue is that when you actually try to switch it, there is a lag of about a second. So obviously it sounds pretty bad whenever I try to play a song that requires kicking on distortion midsong, for instance. I play in a band and when I play with them I borrow a distortion pedal from one of the other guys, and I've noticed that when using that, it will switch almost instantaneously.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do, as none of the reviews online for the amp or the footswitch mention this as an issue and googling didn't seem to turn up anything.
My footswitch for my Vypyr also has that half second of lag, but I learned how to overcome it. You have to hold the switch down a second before you want to switch, and then just take your foot off, and the switch will happen exactly when you want it to.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
This is extremely common in cheaper amps. A tech once told me it was because the two channels share the same EQ. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it.
Quote by Offworld92
My footswitch for my Vypyr also has that half second of lag, but I learned how to overcome it. You have to hold the switch down a second before you want to switch, and then just take your foot off, and the switch will happen exactly when you want it to.

So it's trailing edge rather than leading edge triggered? That seems a bit dumb.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Offworld92

Hmm, I'll give that a try. I should probably buy some real pedals anyways, but that will be a little while.
Quote by Cathbard
So it's trailing edge rather than leading edge triggered? That seems a bit dumb.

I don't like it, but it is what it is. Maybe it's something that will be fixed whenever the Vypyr II comes out. I'm not sure if the switching is controlled inside the Sanpera itself, or in the amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X