Some of you know that I've been searching for a certain amp for quite some time now. I've had trade offers but have never really wanted to give up anything in my rig. Well, last night my dreams came true...

Here she is (I apologize ahead of time for the lackluster pics... Bad phone camera + bad photography skills = bad pics):

And now, with her sisters (or brothers?):

Now, I'm sure the question is going to come up, "Hey man, how much did it cost ya!?" Well, you'll probably be surprised when I tell you that I got it for a ridiculous price... I paid a whopping $0 for it! A guy I know recently bought a JCM2000 and said he no longer has any need for his VTM. We've been jamming together every single Wednesday at a local bar (and we used to work together about 5 or 6 years ago) and he knew that I've been looking for one of these puppies. So, seeing as he didn't need it anymore he was a good samaritan and donated it to me!

Now how does it sound? This thing is very versatile. The low gain input has decent cleans and gets pretty crunchy and the high gain input has tons of gain on tap. The EQ along with the 8 DIP switches make for endless tonal possibilities. If you love to tweak then you really should check out one of these amps. I have yet to hear a bad tone come out of this thing! Overall I'm completely overjoyed!
thats awesome man! HNAD!!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by Radtastic89
Never heard of this amp before.

Made in the mid to late 80's, predecessor to the 5150. Basically Peavey's answer to the hot-rodded JCM800 circuit.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Free?

Hot damn

HNVTMD

Yeah man. He was like "Well, I know you want a VTM and now that I've got my JCM2000 I'm not going to play it anymore. So I guess you can just have it." The guy is a big stoner/drunk so he's always in a chill mood.

I actually dropped his Ovation acoustic electric (don't know the model but its one of the higher end ones) one time at the bar when I was drunk and he was like "WTF!?" and I was like "dude, I'm so sorry!" and he's like "Ahh its all good man!".

But, I'm starting to turn into one of those matrixclaw type people with all of my amps.
Very nice. Great amp.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
That's pretty swaggin'.

You got clips?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
That's pretty swaggin'.

You got clips?

I wish I did. I don't have a computer interface to record with.

I was hoping to get one recently, but about three weeks ago I had to fork over $400 for new glasses.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Cath, don't you (or didn't you at one point) have a VTM?

Nah, not me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Cath, don't you (or didn't you at one point) have a VTM?

Nah, that's forsaknazrael IIRC, he had a VTM 120.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Nah, that's forsaknazrael IIRC, he had a VTM 120.

Actually, I think he had/has a VTM 60 - I remember trying to talk him into selling it to me at one point.

For some reason I thought Cath had one. Guess my memory is a little foggy since I don't come around here much anymore.
HNAD dude. I know you've been looking for one. Glad to see you got it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
hell yeah! I've got one myself, awesome amps, very underrated.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
That's one hell of an amp man, I've been wanting one since I knew they existed. Supposedly Marshall threatened a lawsuit against them because it's nearly identical to a JCM800. 90% of the tone for about a third of the cost.

Check out the band Baroness, most of their albums were recorded with a VTM and their guitarist has an incredible tone.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Oh, you make me so jelly. You ever need to sell it, you know where you can

HNAD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."