Hey guys. I just want a good wireless system for under 100 dollars and have narrowed it down to 2 different systems. This: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/audio-technica-atw-251-freeway-vhf-guitar-wireless-system or this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/nady-uhf-4-guitar-wireless-system
I am also open to any other suggestions but I would like to try to keep it under 100 dollars.
Thanks!
Honestly, when it comes to wireless units, you really get what you pay for. Unless you're willing to drop some serious cash into a nice unit then don't expect anything decent.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Honestly, when it comes to wireless units, you really get what you pay for. Unless you're willing to drop some serious cash into a nice unit then don't expect anything decent.

This. Cheap out on a wireless unit, and signal dropouts/massive tone suckage are practically guaranteed.

Save up a couple hundred more and get a Line 6 Relay G30. Personally, it's the ONLY cheap wireless I'd feel comfortable using, as I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Those guys are right, if you plan on using it live cheap is not the way to go on a wireless. You can get cheap amps that you can make sound good, cheap effects that you can make work but a cheap wireless will screw you. If you spend less than a couple hundred you better get used to dropping signal all the time, it completely sucking your tone or just not working for very long.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Dec 30, 2011,
100 is a solid budget for a used wireless, but not brand new. The ones you linked are frankly a bit crap.

Have a look for a secondhand system instead - the AKG GuitarBugs are a good starting point.
I have had personal experience with a cheap wireless unit, and like others have stated, anything less than $200-$250 is going to be borderline unusable garbage. There's no such thing as a good, cheap wireless pack. My own experience (with a unit in the $200-$250 price range) was MASSIVE compression of my signal, all the treble and bass vanishing from my tone and various taxi services blaring through my amp. Do the right thing and save up a few hundred if your heart is set on wireless.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
The key here is finding a digital system. An analog system will get noisier the farther you get away, while digital (like the Relays) maintains the signal better because it transmits 1's and 0's. I bought a G30, and the only complaint I have is the cheap battery lid with a tiny plastic lock. The G50 is much sturdier, and I may unload my 30 for the g50.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
you would need to spend quite a bit, or you will suffer. cheap wireless systems rape your tone, not quite Diezel to MG, but close.

the only unit that was usable for me to play live with was like $500 or something. it was a year or so ago, so i don't remember real well.

i decided that for $500 i could get something more useful that would make my tone better and not worse.

also if you go to a lot of shows, whether it be metal or blues that are respected for their abilites and tone (i am think about people like Alexi Laiho and Johnny Lang) you will see that most of them do not even use wireless.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
They're right'You get what you pay for.You can go on craigslist and find something like a shure diversity,couple of different frequencies,rechargeable for $75 to 100 bucks.I've found em barely used,still in the road case with the paperwork for 75.Not some roadweary junk thats worn out,something some kid had to have to be cool.Then it sat next to his guitar for three months.They're out there,you just gotta look.
if you buy a re-chargeable,let it go dead every now and then.Or have new batteries handy if you buy the other kind.I just stick the belt pack in my back pocket,forget its there.
If you're spending under $300 brand new, it's not worth it. At best, it'll kill your tone, at worst it'll cut out/break/pick up radio stations at a gig. Either save up, shop used, or live with using a cable.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
If you're spending under $300 brand new, it's not worth it. At best, it'll kill your tone, at worst it'll cut out/break/pick up radio stations at a gig. Either save up, shop used, or live with using a cable.

Line 6 Relay does not have this problem. However, all wireless systems remove the impedance loading of your pickups from your pedals and amp. If its digital, then your tone is actually brighter because of the lack of cable. Its digital so it does not pickup radio signals or any of that crap.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
Line 6 Relay does not have this problem. However, all wireless systems remove the impedance loading of your pickups from your pedals and amp. If its digital, then your tone is actually brighter because of the lack of cable. Its digital so it does not pickup radio signals or any of that crap.

And the cheapest model they currently make costs $300. Exactly my point.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
And the cheapest model they currently make costs $300. Exactly my point.

$299.99, actually.

Lolz, if you mean if you agree with me on the G30, then
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Rein be trollin
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Man the necro bumping is rampant lately.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
At least it was only a couple months this time.

How do people bump into these old threads so much anyway?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Probably searching for something, then end up reading the whole thread and forgetting it's old... I've done it that way once or twice.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by ibanezguitars44
At least it was only a couple months this time.

How do people bump into these old threads so much anyway?

Haha, I used to do the same thing when I first starting posting in the forums, as I had absolutely no clue how they worked. I would search for threads, post in them regardless of how old they were, and then was confused as to why more people kept posting (once I even got an old butt-wiping thread in the Pit locked because of it)
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Mar 1, 2012,