Hey everyone! Recently I just got an every weekend gig playing jazz, and I'm just trying to find a light weight amp to carry around. I'm currently using a Mark V which I can get a solid sound from, but man trying to load and unload that every weekend is killing me. Looking to spend anywhere from $500-1200 on a nice little amp. If anyone knows of a nice light weight combo with a tweeter and preferably tube (I know that ups the weight some) it would be much appreciated!

One of the little Jazz Choruses. ^^ That's the 77.

They also came in a 60 with a 1x12. It was half of a 120. That's probably the ticket.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 29, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard

They also came in a 60 with a 1x12. It was half of a 120. That's probably the ticket.

+1
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Cool I will look into that, had no idea they made baby ones!

Thanks!
Polytone Mini Brute. Jazzers love them, they're powerful and really light.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
A lightweight, loud tube amp with a tweeter? Good luck.

I'd get a ZT Lunchbox and be done with it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Cathbard
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gb_eyTy6qxA/SfT9de-68TI/AAAAAAAAAVw/nqJi8XlaDkU/s400/roland_jazz_chorus_77.jpg

Quote by mmolteratx
http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/AC5E5APro/AC5E5AProComplete.htmhttp://www.alessandro-products.com/main.html
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Dynacord Eminence, Jazz or Twen.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
The Jazz Chorus is a lovely clean amp, but the OP asked for valve, and I think the JC's are solid state. Does that make a difference to you?

A valve amp with lots of clean headroom is going to be a big watter, which means weight, as you've found with your Boogie, so the solid state Jazz Chorus route may be the best option.
The Dynacords I recommended are all valve, low watt. They are made with loads of clean headroom in mind. Work great for jazz.

Edit: Low watt, as in between 17 - 30 watts.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Go find a 5 Watt Pignose, maybe the bigger one if you don't wanna mess with little batteries. I love the tone I get out of it, and if you want a little more bite, just keep your volume down so you can swell for solos.