I have a fender "squier series" mim strat from the mid 90s and I've been wanting to upgrade it/customize it lately.

The first thing I'm thinking about doing is upgrading the pickups to lace sensor then replace the neck.

I like the look of maple necks instead of rosewood, especially on stratocasters, but I don't wanna spend a ton of money (I also don't want a crappy neck). One neck that really stood out to me was the classic vibe stratocaster '50s neck, it had a nice look and feel for the most part.

If MM isn't all that great, where else could I look? I know warmoth does necks, but they seem kinda pricy.
Warmoth are a little pricy but the necks are good quality. I have had one on my Telecaster for a few years now and i would definitely by another. Save your money and get a decent neck.
I've played a partcaster with a mightymite, the neck was very smooth, played like butter, I couldn't tell any difference between it and my american strat.
I wouldn't know anything about Mighty Mite necks personally, but beware that switching from a rosewood neck to a maple neck is going to alter the tone of the guitar (changing the neck in general will too, but YKWIM).
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
^You'd be surprised, I can tell a noticeable difference in attack between my ebony fretboard Flying V and the current rosewood ones.

I'm with you TS, to me most Strats don't look right with a rosewood fretboard. Allparts and WD Music both offer licensed replacement necks. I don't have any experience with aftermarket ones though.. I figured the 50's Classic Vibe would have a V-shaped neck, but I'm wrong on that assumption
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I put a maple MM neck on a strat build a few years ago. I don't know what model it was but it had a soft V, a little birdseye figuring. It felt great and was well made. The other MM necks I've used have been good, too. I'd recommend one.
As far as fretboard wood altering the tone - yes, I'd have to say that it does. I'm always baffled at people who say this thing or that thing won't affect how a guitar sounds. A bit of experience and a decent ear tend to show that a lot of things matter in one way or another.
I've got a Mighty Mite with a soft v profile.

It sounds very much like the one mentioned above. It's a lovely neck, and I'd recommend one.
Quote by Flux'D
^You'd be surprised, I can tell a noticeable difference in attack between my ebony fretboard Flying V and the current rosewood ones.

I'm with you TS, to me most Strats don't look right with a rosewood fretboard. Allparts and WD Music both offer licensed replacement necks. I don't have any experience with aftermarket ones though.. I figured the 50's Classic Vibe would have a V-shaped neck, but I'm wrong on that assumption

The only strat that I think looks good with a rosewood neck is a relic'd fiesta red one.
I have a mighty mite strat neck. I haven't used it on anything as of yet, but it's built quite well.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Mighty Might necks are really good for the price compared to other necks you could get at similar prices, unless you are looking for something completely professional or uniquely custom i'd say go for them or try finding an original fender neck in ebay or craigslist. But if you are not up for that, just go with MM, they are the solid buildzzz :P