So as you may know I'v been looking for a tube amp. Now someone recommended the AC15 by Vox. I'm looking at them and I don't know the differences between them. Theres the Vox AC15 Custom, Custom 2 and the VR.

Now I'm wondering what the best one for me is ? I play rock, punk, and some blues.
You didn't need to make more than one thread but here it goes

AC15C1 is two channels with two inputs and has a master volume control and a master tone cut. it also has a Celestion Greenback speaker

AC15C2 is the same thing in an AC30 chasis with two Celestion Greenback speakers.

The big difference here? Two speakers versus one. Both are tube amps.

The AC15VR is a hybrid amp that somewhat has the cleans of the all tube vox but not the cranked tube sound that the all tubes get. They also have different overdrive settings I think.

My opinion? Go for the AC15C1. If you think you need a second speaker you can always add an external cab to it.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Old AC15 with an EF86 in the preamp or gtfo.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Old AC15 with an EF86 in the preamp or gtfo.

+1

Modern production Voxs (along with most modern production amps) don't hold a candle to the vintage ones, imo.

I know you're looking at the AC15 right now, but have you considered anything else?

- What's your budget?
- Name some bands that you're into/have tone you like.
- Would you be willing to buy used? There may be someone out there selling a vintage Vox in your price range.
- Are you looking for something to jam in your bedroom with, or is this gonna be used for gigs?
Really don't have a budget I want to say under $600.
Bands I'm into are Coheed & Cambria, Blink 182, The Beatles, Clapton, Green Day.
Of course I'm going to buy used. I was going to from the start.
Both, I haven't played in a band before but I know of a guy who wants me to join one. Also I drive a Chevy Cobalt so space is important.
Quote by Radtastic89
Really don't have a budget I want to say under $600.
Bands I'm into are Coheed & Cambria, Blink 182, The Beatles, Clapton, Green Day.
Of course I'm going to buy used. I was going to from the start.
Both, I haven't played in a band before but I know of a guy who wants me to join one. Also I drive a Chevy Cobalt so space is important.

The AC15 is not a good choice for you at all, IMHO.
Quote by kyle62
The AC15 is not a good choice for you at all, IMHO.

Yup. Look into Orange, Marshall, and Blackheart amps.