I used to play alot of heavy stuff so i got a peavey 6505 combo amp and now some time has passed and i no longer enjoy playing heavy music. Recently i joined a garage/indie rock band and even though i love my distorted sound im a little worried about my clean sound.. should i look for a better clean amp for around 600 or should i just keep my 6505?
Yeah, the clean tone is nothing special, and the 6505 combo is even worse than the actual head version and a good cab (obv), but you are probably better off selling it and getting a JCA20 2 channel combo

Got dat clean and with a boost good for metlulz
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You could always get a cheaper amp for cleans and run them in A/B, using your 6505 for dirt. A used Blues Jr. would be great for this purpose, but it would also do your indie dirt well.

There's a lot of different sounds for indie. You could get a Vox AC15, or a Jet City, or an Egnater Rebel or Tweaker, or even a Peavey Classic 30 or 50.

There's a lot of indie/garagey bands that use high gain brootal amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Crunch channel on the 6505 should do the most of your Indie dirt pretty well. You can always use pedals to help the cleans on the 6505, Chorus etc will add a bit of character to them, and they won't be so bad.

You probably want quite bright cleans though for indie. The AC15 would be my suggestion too. An AC30 would probably be even better, and you can boost them to get quite heavy.
Quote by Raijouta
You could always get a cheaper amp for cleans and run them in A/B, using your 6505 for dirt. A used Blues Jr. would be great for this purpose, but it would also do your indie dirt well.

There's a lot of different sounds for indie. You could get a Vox AC15, or a Jet City, or an Egnater Rebel or Tweaker, or even a Peavey Classic 30 or 50.

There's a lot of indie/garagey bands that use high gain brootal amps.

Hmm pretty good idea, i actually already have a small marshall amp that has ok cleans when you use it with low volumes.. but then again im not entirely sure how to run two amps at once
A/B splitter box. Essentially it'd work like a footswitch. Set one amp to your clean sound, and the other amp to your dirt. Then when you want to change you hit the switch and it will change which amp your signal goes to.
Quote by Dan_5893
A/B splitter box. Essentially it'd work like a footswitch. Set one amp to your clean sound, and the other amp to your dirt. Then when you want to change you hit the switch and it will change which amp your signal goes to.

Thanks guys this actually helped me
One good thing about garage rock is you never need to worry about what you sound like. There are a lot of dirty, nasty tones in garage rock that would normally be shunned in any other genre.

I like the idea of keeping your 6505 and getting a second amp for cleans (such as a cheap, used Fender - can't beat Fender cleans, imo). Just grab yourself an A/B box - Radial makes some nice ones, imo, if you're winning to through out a little bit of cash... or, from what I understand, they aren't too hard to build - and have fun!