Poll: You have to pick one: Pick the one you like the most (or dislike the least)
Poll Options
View poll results: You have to pick one: Pick the one you like the most (or dislike the least)
Michele Bachmann
6 2%
Ron Paul
168 51%
Herman Cain: Pokemon Master
36 11%
Newt Gingrich
10 3%
Mitt Romney
29 9%
Rick Perry
8 2%
Jon Hunstman Jr.
31 9%
Rick Santorum
10 3%
Gary Johnson
6 2%
Other
26 8%
Voters: 330.
Page 1 of 11
So I know this is the Pit, and the hate for republicans are strong, but I thought I'd see in a poll which republican candidate the pit likes the most, and dislikes the most. Pretty sure it's Ron Paul, but I still wanna see the results.

I really don't know which republican candidate I would choose. I mean, it seems like the candidates this election are the least professional, and it is just seems like really obvious marketing (like "lets get Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain because voting for people that aren't white males is 'in' right now"). I guess if I had to choose, I'd pick Ron Paul, but I still don't like Ron Paul at all. There are 3 or 4 candidates I really know nothing about. (edit: On second thought, I just cannot decide for the life of me)

These are the choices:

Michele Bachmann
Ron Paul
Herman Cain (I know he suspended his campaign. Just thought I'd throw him in anyways)
Newt Gingrich
Rick Perry
Mitt Romney
Jon Huntsman Jr.
Rick Santorum
Gary Johnson

Poll will be up soon.
Last edited by The Madcap at Dec 30, 2011,
I'd never vote for any of them, but the most tolerable are Ron and Jon.
Check out my band Disturbed
Favorite: Herman Cain. I was legitimately disappointed when he suspended his campaign.
Least favorite: Ron Paul. I know the privileged pot-smoking suburban teenagers might disagree with me here, but Paul is terrible and his cult of paulbots magnifies my h8 towards him tenfold.
Hmm, I don't know, but I do know that Das_Skittles loves Michele Bachmann.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I really don't like any of them. I'd go with Ron Paul because at least I feel like he's telling the truth about what he wants to do. The rest seem too full of shit.

Oh, and Ron Paul DOESN'T WANT TO LEGALIZE POT! People seem to think he does, which is totally inaccurate.

I wish Huckabee was running. I liked him.
Quote by Cianyx
Rick Sanctorum all the way

Welcome to the United Christian States of America.
Quote by Cianyx
Would you trust a huntsman to run a country?

That guy just spreads around a web of lies.

I'm really going for the low hanging fruit.
None of them are really that promising, especially that one jack ass named after a small amphibian.
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
I'm just going to wait for the more respectable and serious contenders to pop up when they're not running against the incumbent.
I dislike Huntsman the least, Gary Johnson doesn't count in my eyes because he is running under the Libertarian ticket.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Ron paul, all the way, weird how the media likes to associate states rights with the legalization of marijuana.

I want to hear why people are against Ron Paul.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I honestly have no idea. I'd probably make them play rock-paper-scissors for my vote or something.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I'd go for Paul. He is pretty radical compared to the other candidates but those guys freaking nutjobs.
It's all about that Black Walnut, baby.

Also, finally an excuse to use this on UG, but here's my view of Ron Paul:

Quote by Mack56
It's all about that Black Walnut, baby.

Also, finally an excuse to use this on UG, but here's my view of Ron Paul:

*privatize all things*

Out of those, Ron Paul. I think they are all poor candidates, however. I don't think I will be voting for any of them.
My God, it's full of stars!
Ron Paul seems to be the only reasonable option out of those people. And that's saying something because they're all noobs, all of them.
Jon Huntsman 2012!
Rachel Maddow 2016!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Ron Paul for his political integrity, his refusal to play ball with the major parties/players in the U.S. and the fact that he has the widest following according to the stats of those who contributed to his campaign compared to everyone else's contributions.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
i chose Ron Paul only for his social liberalism (sorta). His retardation when it comes to economic issues makes that very difficult though.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Huntsman in theory, but Paul in practice (unfortunately).

I am (and have been since I registered a few years back) a registered Republican even though I'm much farther left than either party, so I've actually been considering this since I'll vote in the primary. Huntsman is my favorite, but he doesn't have a shot. Romney just oozes car salesman slime and flip-flops more than sandals on the beach, so no thanks. Even though I'm a Christian myself, I hate evangelicals trying to push their personal beliefs into government so that rules out pretty much everyone but Newt and Paul. And Newt's even more disgusting than Romney, so that leaves Ron Paul.

I don't like Ron Paul much, especially his economic ideas which are far too radical for my liking (see the "privatise everything" image posted above). However, he has a record of standing by his word and at this point I would rather vote for someone I don't always agree with but who actually do what he thinks is right. I won't vote for him in the main election most likely, but if nothing else maybe he would actually force Obama to the left to pander to the people who are so against corporate influence. It probably won't matter, though, as Obama's not going to lose the election unless he screws up royally or the economy dips again.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
Can i vote for the one that I think is most likely to lose to Obama? Because that's who I'd like the most.

That's what I did.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by WCPhils
Hmm, I don't know, but I do know that Das_Skittles loves Michele Bachmann.

Obvious flame bait is obvious.

If I had to vote GOP, I would go with Huntsman for two reasons:

1) He's not completely retarded
2) His name rhymes with cunt

I wouldn't even jokingly support any of the other ones. Me being asshole aside, I'm out of the closet, so Bachmann and Santorum have platforms that legitimately could compromise my physical safety. Paul accepted an endorsement from a group that advocates overturning Lawrence v. Texas and reinstating the death penalty for LGBT behavior (whatever that is). Gingrich doesn't want me to vote for him, apparently. Romney is John Edwards in magical underwear; do not want. Perry needs to die in a tragic shooting range accident. Johnson wouldn't understand economics if they kicked him in the sac.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
The only one I would consider voting for is Romney (Mainly because of his healthcare plan), but I don't want a guy named Mitt as our President
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Last edited by MusicMan24 at Dec 30, 2011,
I will be voting for the first time in that election, and my vote will be for President Obama. But if I absolutely had to pick a republican, I'd go with Huntsman.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
All the republican candidates I've seen suck.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Das_Skittles
Obvious flame bait is obvious.

If I had to vote GOP, I would go with Huntsman for two reasons:

1) He's not completely retarded
2) His name rhymes with cunt

So you don't really know why you're voting for him
Gary Johnson, but he's a half-blood.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Cianyx
So you don't really know why you're voting for him

I'm voting for Obama. The thread said if you had to vote GOP

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by MusicMan24
The only one I would consider voting for is Romney (Mainly because of his healthcare plan), but I don't want a guy named Mitt as our President

agreed, what in the **** is that about?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
4 more years of Obama. Hahahahahaha
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by magnus_maximus
Better than the reasons most people vote Republican.

I'm sure most republicans would use those reasons against democrats.

Quote by Das_Skittles
I'm voting for Obama. The thread said if you had to vote GOP

That doesn't invalidate my point...?