I am beginning to kindle a boycott all Line 6 product hatred with the huge problems my Pocket POD is giving me.

Most notably, when plugged into my laptop, 7 times out of 10, it will restart itself every couple of seconds, rendering it as useful as melted cardboard dipped in paraffin wax is to a shark-headed giraffe that is floating in the ionosphere without sunscreen to any form of functionality for me, let alone tone adjustment.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or have a way to fix it? I would contact Line 6 about it, but it appears their site is about as functional as my Pocket POD at the moment.
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
If you boycott line 6 because of the cheapest thing they sell....wow...

I don't know how the pocket pod works, but is there some kind of way you can reset the flash memory or something?

Can you use line 6 monkey with it?

How long ago did you buy it?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You'd at least expect things they sell to work.

There's a factory reset option on it, but it doesn't help.

There aren't any updates that I could find via Monkey

Bought it in March-ish of this year. Pretty sure early March.
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
should of bought some m-audio product instead. way more reliable and doesnt eat too much of your wallet and you will know that it will last long.
shy of software changes, there likely isn't anything you could do to it from an electronics standpoint.

also, IMO Line 6 has terrible customer service (at least a year ago they did). i had a guitar port and bought the software to do basic recordings, i bought it used it for quite a while ago, they claim to have nothing in their system that links me to their downloaded software (who wants to wait a week when you can get it instantly... lol) i gave them every email address i use, and at the time my dad's as well.. i went up the line of authority and just was bullshit. $50 isn't worth searching for a printed receipt, at least not in my house, especially one that was five years ago. and for the sake of god couldn't they just give me a copy of it? it was completely obsolete at the time anyway, they didn't sell it or offer it.

that permanently ended my relationship to any line 6 products.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by white_ibanez10
should of bought some m-audio product instead. way more reliable and doesnt eat too much of your wallet and you will know that it will last long.

As much as I appreciate the advice, it really doesn't help me at all at the moment.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
shy of software changes, there likely isn't anything you could do to it from an electronics standpoint.

also, IMO Line 6 has terrible customer service (at least a year ago they did). i had a guitar port and bought the software to do basic recordings, i bought it used it for quite a while ago, they claim to have nothing in their system that links me to their downloaded software (who wants to wait a week when you can get it instantly... lol) i gave them every email address i use, and at the time my dad's as well.. i went up the line of authority and just was bullshit. $50 isn't worth searching for a printed receipt, at least not in my house, especially one that was five years ago. and for the sake of god couldn't they just give me a copy of it? it was completely obsolete at the time anyway, they didn't sell it or offer it.

that permanently ended my relationship to any line 6 products.

Given that this does come under the one year period for warranty, do you reckon that what I'm getting is claimable on warranty (not so much a question of 'will they actually do anything', but you're free to answer that too if you want)?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by Bob_Smith
As much as I appreciate the advice, it really doesn't help me at all at the moment.

Given that this does come under the one year period for warranty, do you reckon that what I'm getting is claimable on warranty
(not so much a question of 'will they actually do anything', but you're free to answer that too if you want)?

i really don't know what they look for as far as what is replaceable, a lot of warrenties state "due to a failure in workmanship or materials" or something along the like. the may do it they may not.

i would sure as hell give it a shot. just talk your way up the chain of management, and have a good prepared argument that your should be replaced due to this. if i were running the company i would replace it unless there was evidence of water damage. that is me though, but i (IMO) place a small loss in order to keep you happy and be a return customer. returning customers are something that drives a lot of business, i value them highly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/