Poll: Which are you more attracted to?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which are you more attracted to?
The mountains
163 64%
The ocean
91 36%
Voters: 254.
Page 1 of 4
A common piece of conventional wisdom, which I believe, is that people tend to be attracted to either the mountains or the ocean.

Which are you more attracted to?

For me it's a close one, but I went with the mountains. For my wife, it's the ocean.
My God, it's full of stars!
Both. Ever been to Vancouver mate?

If it came down to it i'd say mountains. nothing quite like climbing a giant rock.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Mountains by far. I hate the beach.

I only like a vacation if it's somewhere with mountains. Favorite vacations were to the coastline of Italy, and California.

These pics are my trip to California. although to be fair, the ocean in in the first pic.

Last edited by The Madcap at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by Dreadnought
A common piece of conventional wisdom, which I believe, is that people tend to be attracted to either the mountains or the ocean.

Which are you more attracted to?

For me it's a close one, but I went with the mountains. For my wife, it's the ocean.

The ocean. It's not solid. Humans can't live on it. Yet we build massive vessels and sail thousands of miles in it. The appeal of conquering the sea with a ship appeals to me.
Quote by bastards
Both. Ever been to Vancouver mate?

Yep, and I live near Seattle, before that Miami.
Both, Vancouver where I hail from and North Carolina where I live!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I love the ocean, but my heart will always be with the mountains.
Check out my band Disturbed
Ahhh. Nothing quite like the sunrise on the mountains and seeing the sun set over the pacific tattered with bits of little boats... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
The ocean, Its fun to be just diving in and around reef and rocks looking at stingrays and teh fishes, waves too...just awesome.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by The Madcap

I only like a vacation if it's somewhere with mountains. Favorite vacations were to the coastline of Italy, and California.

These pics are my trip to California. although to be fair, the ocean in in the first pic.

Is that northern California? My wife and I drove down to San Francisco (from Seattle area) this past summer, taking California SR 1 all the way down the coast, and it was the most beautiful drive I've ever been on. We got onto SR-1 right around when the sun was coming up and it was astonishing.

Mountains and the ocean is the ideal configuration IMHO, but unfortunately mountainous terrain that close to the ocean more often than not means not-very-nice shorelines, beaches, as well as also meaning a rocky surface beneath the water.
Oceans, they just seem a lot more open, free, unexplored, majestic, and a bunch more adjectives. And there are a lot of cool songs about the ocean
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
mountains by far

but that might be because i've been playing too much skyrim
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Mountains brahhhh
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Mountains by far. I like the ocean but mountains are much better imo.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by The Madcap

Love Yosemite
Went to high School 40 miles south of the park.
Where I live there are no mountains so I feel more connected with the ocean right now. But dammit I want both. Mountains are majestic but easier to get to know and oceans are more inviting but much more mysterious.

Highway 1 combines the best parts of the mountains and the ocean.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Dec 30, 2011,
The mountains.

Wonderful weather year round, smells/looks amazing, thin air increases your lung capacity, you can live off the land, and I cant drink whiskey and play banjo at the beach
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
i live by the beach. its nice to go to but i think being in the mountains is a lot more "fresh" air. where i live there are tourists all over the beach, along with with a crowded boardwalk, and tons of shops on atlantic avenue. the mountains are more of a place i would enjoy because i can be by myself or with a small group of friends and not have to worry about other people. sometimes the beach can be a little uncomfortable too, as in a sand all over yourself and you get kinda itchy. id rather be bundled up and warm exploring mountains than getting sunburn laying on the beach not doing anything, although i do enjoy surfing. i went to durango, colorodo 2 summers ago and it was amazing. my uncle designed then had a house built on top of a mountain so we stayed there. in his master bedroom, he wakes up, has a huge window almost the size of a wall, his view when he wakes up is looking across a valley with a creek in the middle and on the other side of the valley there are sometimes moose grazing in the empty patches of grass between the trees. the rocky mountains are far more epic than the other appalachians ive been too.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Mountains. Fuck salt water.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I was raised around the ocean, so I've seen that a lot. I haven't been around mountains a lot, so I'm more inclined to say that.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I live in Vancouver so both are like meh. The mountains are just there... draping over the north of the city and the ocean isn't too pretty either.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
I used to live opposite Penguin Island in Shoalwater W.A but I would trade that in a heartbeat to live on a mountain with snow in Colorado.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by guitarxo
Where I live there are no mountains so I feel more connected with the ocean right now. But dammit I want both. Mountains are majestic but easier to get to know and oceans are more inviting but much more mysterious.

Highway 1 combines the best parts of the mountains and the ocean.

So true on that part.

I live in central California so I have the best of both worlds, ocean and mountains. I don't know, it's a hard choice but I love seeing the ocean so I pick ocean.
STಠ_ಠ
To be honest, I like both. But ocean if I have to choose.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Andrea55
So true on that part.

I live in central California so I have the best of both worlds, ocean and mountains. I don't know, it's a hard choice but I love seeing the ocean so I pick ocean.

I choose

gosh that's hard. giving the edge to mountains though. the ocean is serene and peaceful, but I just feel like mountains have a much more pleasing aesthetic overall. and they're certainly less salty and smelly.
#DTWD
Quote by MakinLattes
I choose

*woods*

Oh man, I was gonna post a picture of the ocean but I remembered I'm afraid of some sea animals. I change my vote to mountains now.
STಠ_ಠ
Not only do I strongly preffer mountains, I quite frankly dislike the seaside - not the sea itself but the land next to it.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by MakinLattes
The redwoods have mainly banana slugs. Show me the man who doesn't banana slugs and you'll have shown me a fool.

Poison ivy ;_;
cat
Page 1 of 4