Poll: Which JA-15 do you like best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which JA-15 do you like best?
Black
11 27%
McCarty Tobacco Sunburst
26 63%
Stop already!!
4 10%
Voters: 41.
I've been offered a straight across trade to get into a new PRS JA-15. I'd be letting go of one of my current PRS models - the 59/09 Limited model. It's very similar to my Modern Eagle I, so it's a bit redundant.

Which one of the following guitars would you go with? They are identical in every way except for the finish. I know a LOT of you absolutely hate the figured tops on PRS so this should be interesting. Obviously I lean towards number 2, it has a bit more of a vintage look to my eyes.

ONE:

TWO:

Last edited by thehikingdude at Dec 30, 2011,
To be fair, the second one is photographed a little more professionally
But I'd still go with that one, nothing beats the burst on a PRS.

Sucks to be you mate, awful tough decisions...
That's tough. Are there any full frontal pics of #2, with the headstock in the shot?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
That's tough. Are there any full frontal pics of #2, with the headstock in the shot?

Sorry for the size, it's all I got. And yes, a very tough decision.

Yeah, the necks and backs on all of these are very nicely figured. Some more than others of course. I hate the idea of having it all covered up with a black finish, but I also tell myself it's about the sound.
Go with the one feels better to play
music = happiness

THAT IS IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION... unless you want to make it relevant
Sunburst.
Fingerprints brah.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Sadly I have to make a decision without ever holding the guitar in my hand. I'm fine with that since I already know exactly how the neck will feel. Hadn't really thought of the fingerprints, very good point.
I'd go with the flame. With that much effort into a guitar, I'd like to see the craftsmanship and wood quality. THat's just me, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Well, I think the black looks better overall... But, it'd be kind of a shame to have a guitar that expensive without a figured top. I'm just not going to vote
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
On a higher quality guitar, sunburst. Almost every guitar has a black finish option. If you're getting a nice guitar, let people know you're getting a nice guitar with an awesome finish.

/$.02
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I'd go for the burst, black guitars have too much of a "plain" feel in my opinion. Plus, dat neckburst
NOPE
Quick update: I've confirmed that only the black one would be a no cash trade. Any other one would require me to kick in $500. Now it gets even tougher!
In case you were wondering, these have a Spruce top with a maple back. Hence no flames on the top.
Going with the Black one. For once I'm going with a PRS that doesn't look like a PRS.

Greg, I'm trading the FBJ 59/09 for it, so it's going bye bye.
If the black one had a white pickguard of some sort I would quickly change my mind, but the sunburst one is gorgeous as is!

Edit: Seeing your choice now, I'm glad you picked it, the sunburst is gorgeous, but looks like it's missing something, have fun playing you lucky dog!!
Last edited by JakePlaysGuitar at Dec 31, 2011,