Whenever I try to run my EQ pedal through the effects loop, theres such a drop in volume that I can't even be heard when jamming with other people. I've tried running it in front of the amp, which works fine and lets me keep my volume but I'd much rather be able to run it through the fx loop. I had all the dials set to the mid and the level all the way up.
My friend suggested that it could be the cables I'm using. Could the cables be the issue even though it works fine in front of the amp?
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by soulsablaze
Whenever I try to run my EQ pedal through the effects loop, theres such a drop in volume that I can't even be heard when jamming with other people. I've tried running it in front of the amp, which works fine and lets me keep my volume but I'd much rather be able to run it through the fx loop. I had all the dials set to the mid and the level all the way up.
My friend suggested that it could be the cables I'm using. Could the cables be the issue even though it works fine in front of the amp?

No, it's probably not the cables... I don't know about the Tube, putting certain things in my effects loop killed my volume as well..

do you have other pedals running through the loop, or is the eq the only one?

but the effects loop really isn't the place for the EQ as you want to shape the guitar's sound going into the amp... I'm not an expert by any stretch, but everything I've read (Here and elsewhere) say's the sound shaping effects (Distortion, Compressor, Wah, EQ etc...) goes in front of the amp, and the Time changing effects (Phaze, Chorus, flang, delay, etc... ) goes in the Effects Loop.

Now that being said, everything I've read, I've used as a guidline, and tried everything everywhere. I've put my Fuzz face in the loop to try it.. Not bad, but it exploded my volume no matter what the pedal was set to, so it's back out front.. So putting your EQ in the effects loop isn't the "Preferred Method" but it's not going to hurt anything.. except, in your case, it doesn't seem to be working...

Hope this helps..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
try plugging one end of a cable into the FX send, and the other end straight into the FX return with NOTHING else in the loop. Turn the loop on. Play. If it sounds normal, you've eliminated that cable AND the loop jacks themselves from being the cause of your problem. Do this with every cable you suspect may be bad. If it all works, start adding pedals, etc, one at a time until the problem returns.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
What amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ +1

but my tonerider analogue delay does that in the loop, and if you're unlucky it might just be that that pedal doesn't like being in the loop
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cathbard
What amp?
LOL... I have a problem with my amp but won't say what amp.