If all the animals in the world's seas, oceans, rivers etc were taken out of the water would the Earth's sea level drop considerably?

Also if you were to take all the animals out where would you put them?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Yes. Water displacement.
God knows, we're not gonna do it anyway.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It would.

And why would you take them out without finding a place to put them first?
So impulsive.
So cruel
cat
Quote by guitarxo
It would.

And why would you take them out without finding a place to put them first?
So impulsive.
So cruel

Well we're causing so much pollution in the world that maybe one day the water will be polluted and we'll need to move the fish elsewhere?
Quote by Monolith295

Quote by Kensai

Quote by CFH82
Quote by tobysaurus
Well we're causing so much pollution in the world that maybe one day the water will be polluted and we'll need to move the fish elsewhere?

This is why we have the Japanese.

Quote by tobysaurus

Or, you know, we could just stop polluting the water and let the animals stay where they are.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Or, you know, we could just stop polluting the water and let the animals stay where they are.

To put it in perspective, the Earth's water surface area is measured at about 361,132,000 km2, which is 3.88719417 × 10^15 square feet, with an estimated volume of 1.3 billion km3.

This means that slightly less* than that many cubic feet worth of animals would behave to be removed to lower the sea level one foot. Though it's probably impossible to estimate the amount of animals in the oceans, particularly because of all the microorganisms that inhabit the ocean, though larger organisms clearly take up a very small percentage of the ocean's volume.

But to give you an idea of how much that is, let's look at the number of humans it would take to raise the surface one foot. We'll just say that the average human weighs about 150 lbs (I have no idea how accurate that is, but we'll just say that for the sake of this example, since it probably isn't too important here).

Since the human body is about 70-80% water, but is not too dense to float in water, we'll just assume that the body is slightly less dense than water, so we'll approximate 60lbs per cubic foot. This gives us (with the 150 lb average) 2.5 cubic feet per person.

Using the aforementioned surface area, this gives us 1.55487767 x 10^15 people, (though in reality it would be more*) which, assuming I've done the math correctly, is about 222,125 times the Earth's current population.

And they would probably all go in some sort of seafood medley.

*due to the ocean generally decreasing in volume the farther down it gets, sort of the way a glass is wider towards the top.

inb4:

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Dec 30, 2011,
1. Yes the water level would drop.
2. The starving people of Africa
Quote by add_g
1. Yes the water level would drop.
2. The starving people of Africa

Does it not worry you that, once fed, the starving Africans will become corrupt from their new found power and attempt to overthrow the Western world?
Quote by Monolith295

Quote by Kensai

Quote by CFH82
Quote by theogonia777
To put it in perspective, the Earth's water surface area is measured at about 361,132,000 km2, which is 3.88719417 × 10^15 square feet, with an estimated volume of 1.3 billion km3.

This means that slightly less* than that many cubic feet worth of animals would behave to be removed to lower the sea level one foot. Though it's probably impossible to estimate the amount of animals in the oceans, particularly because of all the microorganisms that inhabit the ocean, though larger organisms clearly take up a very

But to give you an idea of how much that is, let's look at the number of humans it would take to raise the surface one foot. We'll just say that the average human weighs about 150 lbs (I have no idea how accurate that is, but we'll just say that for the sake of this example, since it probably isn't too important here).

Since the human body is about 70-80% water, but is not too dense to float in water, we'll just assume that the body is slightly less dense than water, so we'll approximate 60lbs per cubic foot. This gives us (with the 150 lb average) 2.5 cubic feet per person.

Using the aforementioned surface area, this gives us 1.55487767 x 10^15 people, (though in reality it would be more*) which, assuming I've done the math correctly, is about 222,125 times the Earth's current population.

And they would probably all go in some sort of seafood medley.

*due to the ocean generally decreasing in volume the farther down it gets, sort of the way a glass is wider towards the top.

Quote by tobysaurus
Does it not worry you that, once fed, the starving Africans will become corrupt from their new found power and attempt to overthrow the Western world?

No, because these Africans are widely known for their seeming obsession with killing each other.
Quote by tobysaurus

Then we'll just take the food off them.

Not a significant amount.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Trowzaa
This is why we have the Japanese.

I laughed like crazy at this episode. **** YOU WHALE!!
One day, we will introduce a deadly mutable pathogen to the seas, something that cannot be fought. It will destroy all marine life. We will have no underwater friends. =\
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Put them all in space?
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'