I bought Garage band for my phone a while ago and I am looking to hook up my electric guitar to my phone with out dropping a hundred bucks on a cord. any cheap or even home made remedys would be much appreciated. I just got a new Les Paul and I want to record with it.
Is there really a garageband for iphone/touch? I always thought it was for ipad/mac.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
its not that I cant spend the money its that I dont want to on just a cord a Les Paul was a good thing after playing 8 years on a starter strat. but there has to be another way to hook up my les paul to my phone.
Quote by LPMason
its not that I cant spend the money its that I dont want to on just a cord a Les Paul was a good thing after playing 8 years on a starter strat. but there has to be another way to hook up my les paul to my phone.

Just stop being a cheap bastard and buy the connector.
k damn I dont have the cash for the new connector and Dont want to spend the money when the cash can go towards gas or something i have to use. so is there a cheap connector or home remedy?
There are tons of aftermarket connectors too, but they are all gonna be around 20 bucks. Do some research and look for a deal
Quote by LPMason
k damn I dont have the cash for the new connector and Dont want to spend the money when the cash can go towards gas or something i have to use. so is there a cheap connector or home remedy?
I posted a link to a YouTube video that shows you how to make one.. you could watch it.
Quote by LPMason

If money's so tight, why are you spending $30/month on a data plan for your iPhone on top of your basic cellphone bill?

Just sayin'.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by BobDetroit
I posted a link to a YouTube video that shows you how to make one.. you could watch it.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the solution in that vid? I'm just asking because I'm leery of DIY (in general, 'cause I'm a klutz) involving something so expensive.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Out of curiosity, have you tried the solution in that vid? I'm just asking because I'm leery of DIY (in general, 'cause I'm a klutz) involving something so expensive.
Dude, an iPhone guitar interface is only $25. Why would anyone who doesn't build electronics try to make one?
well i have half of the supplies needed to make one and i can get the other parts for less than $15 so I save $25 and get to be a tech geek.
Quote by BobDetroit
Dude, an iPhone guitar interface is only $25. Why would anyone who doesn't build electronics try to make one?

I wasn't- I was just curious if you (or anyone you know) had actually succeeded in getting that thing to work. You know, like a testimonial.