hey great advice so far on this site'im lovin it

im a beginner like less than 2 months..curently my sessions are 10 min warm up 10 min scales then just practice 2 songs that involve open chords and some power chords and for roughy 80 mins or so'i do this daily

i want to practice more technique work too so lets say if i put aside an hour for technique work' what should it look like?should i practice hammer ons pull offs..more scales//etc etc?
Technique is a broad term. Basically it's working on specific skills you already know, but this improves and cleans them, like alternate picking, sweep picking, tapping, bending, all kinds of other things, and it's just, well, technique. Now that I think about it, it's hard to explain, maybe somebody else can explain it better. Generally you work on technique with scales, but you don't have to.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
yes i see'im basically just looking for a quick mock up for an hours technique work ie 15 mins hammer and pulls 15 scales etc etc because i really have no clue!
Quote by wld-kid
yes i see'im basically just looking for a quick mock up for an hours technique work ie 15 mins hammer and pulls 15 scales etc etc because i really have no clue!

Divide everything up evenly at first so if you have an hour spend, for example:

15 minutes alternate picking
15 minutes economy picking
15 minutes left hand legato
15 minutes tapping.

That's roughly the broad areas of technique you'll encounter, everything else will fit in to one of those areas. Once you start to get a hold of what you can do, refocus what you do so there's more emphasis on the things you're bad at, so if you're having trouble with alternate picking and tapping but find what you're trying to do with the other two comes easily do something like this:

30 minutes alternate picking
15 minutes tapping
7 minutes left hand legato
7 minutes economy picking.

And keep adjusting what you do as you go so you develop your skills evenly. You'll likely find that alternate picking will show itself to be a weakness early on and once you get to more advanced things your left hand legato will need a huge amount of work to get any better but that's the basic idea.

Always shift around what you do so you're emphasising things you're no good at.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Don't forget to have fun!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
thanks guys good advice!im just looking to have fun learning the songs i wanna learn eventually while also becoming technically a good guitarist!cheers