I am looking into a guitar to replace my Fender DG-11E for a while since the 11E has a broken bridge that is quite expensive to fix (Possible interior breaks). I am planning on getting an upper end acoustic soon and this is probably a 1 year temporary guitar. I found all these for all similar prices and I need your help since I am not very strong in acoustic knowledge.

I am looking for a really full, warm sound on strumming mainly. I would like it to feel similar to the DG-11E because I just love its feel (size, etc). Here are the ones I have found and the price listed.

Dean Exotica RSE GN - $375
Takamine EG523SC - $300
Takamine EG334SC - $300
Takamine EG540C - $250
Alvarez 1(No Model Number Listed) - $250
Picture of Alvarez 1
Picture of Alvarez 1
Alvarez 2(No Model Number Listed) - $250
Picture of Alvarez 2
Picture of Alvarez 2

Thanks to any who can help, and if you need more information, I can get more. (You can also recommend none if you don't think any of them are worth it, I will still be looking a few days.)

Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Fender MIK DG-11E
Pod Xt-Live Floor
Crate GFX-20 Amp

Quotes
Quote by sly fly
Unfortunateley, you seem to have an authentic MIM strat.
i've played the dean, and i'd pass on it. quiet and sort of muted tone.

i've never seen the tak 523 that cheap. it's a good price. the guitar isn't perfect, as there's some low end muffling but it's not bad and the guitar is a fun guitar. don't think i'd say it has a full, warm sound.

have you actually played any of these guitars in person?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Not yet, it's Craigslist, so they are all over the area. Though playing is an option if I look into them (As well as the regular quality check).

So that Dean is all face compared to sound? Haha this one is good looking but sound > looks haha.

Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Fender MIK DG-11E
Pod Xt-Live Floor
Crate GFX-20 Amp

Quotes
Quote by sly fly
agree with patti( she's wise beyond her years when it comes to guitars) of the 3, the tak is hands down the best choice.
Please choose the Takamine! Owned a couple of different Takamines (not a 523SC though) and played even more. They make some seriously good sounding (and looking) guitars..

If you would want to spend a little more i would clearly recommend a Takamine EG-341SC. I really love that guitar to death. Even though it's not really pricey it's a really great guitar! But if not... I would settle with the 523SC!
No gear.. Just tits.. And some gear.. Mostly Fenders.. And tits.. A Takamine acoustic.. An Orange tube amp.. A shitty Fender amp.. AND TITS! And a big fuckload of pedals that i don't know how to use..
on the other hand, if you like fender, why not get a fender?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-cd140s-acoustic-guitar
and
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-cd140sce-acoustic-electric-guitar/h70147
are available in a similar price range. both have solid tops (that's a good thing) and the second one also comes in natural.

if you can find any of these in a guitar store - seagull original s6, yamaha fg730, blueridge br-40 - i'd say they're well worth trying.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Lots of good choices. I do disagree on the Dean RSE, it's a solid top rosewood back and sides and sounds great, full and loud. Maybe the last person to diss them had bad strings or it wasn't the solid top one. The Exotica line has several laminate topped guitars that are thin and bright. But best advice is to try several and remember that most stock strings on display models suck and need to be changed. Takamine and Alvarez all make some great guitars too. Let your own ears make the choice and not the forum.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic
Quote by rexherring
Let your own ears make the choice and not the forum.

I would if there was a shop local that carried them all, but unfortunately they are a good ways away.

The Dean is listed as a "solid Sitka spruce top on a rosewood body"

Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Fender MIK DG-11E
Pod Xt-Live Floor
Crate GFX-20 Amp

Quotes
Quote by sly fly
I owned a Dean and loved it while I had it but outgrew it sound wise. I borrowed a Takamine from a friend and loved the sound but it physically needed work but the sound was true. The owner didn't want to have it refinished for he was afraid it would lose it's sound: I don't blame him for there is much that goes into the sound of a guitar. In the end I found a low-end Taylor that had exactly the sound I was going for within my price range and got that. The one I really want is usually around $1,500 and that is just nuts IMHO for a hobby.

In short, while Deans are mostly known for their exotic metal guitars (Dimebag) if you come across one in a store, just play it, and then play others as well. Don't concern yourself so much of the brand but rather the sound and if you can afford it.

Also, not sure if I ever played an Alvarez so can't comment there.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Nearly two years ago I bought a wonderful Alvarez PD311CAV - a professional series Alvarez acoustic guitar - solid Sitka Spruce Top, Solid Indian Rosewood back and sides, Mahogany neck, top range electronics package with in-built chromatic tuner. Paid $400 for it. Unfortunately now not available!

I play it every day for at least an hour - usually two and play it at a gig with the band every week. It is my favourite of the four guitars I own - by a long way! Beautiful tone, easy to tune - and holds tuning well, great action too.

My advice - try the Alvarez and see how you like it. After all, what is most important is how it plays for you. The rest of the comments you get will only serve to guide a little!

Cheerz from the land of Oz!
no, the dean does not have solid back or sides. i'm not dissing them - i've played several in several guitar centers, and i truly found them to have less tone saturation (is that a term?) than the guitars in the same class and price range.

Quote by rexherring
Lots of good choices. I do disagree on the Dean RSE, it's a solid top rosewood back and sides and sounds great, full and loud. Maybe the last person to diss them had bad strings or it wasn't the solid top one. The Exotica line has several laminate topped guitars that are thin and bright. But best advice is to try several and remember that most stock strings on display models suck and need to be changed. Takamine and Alvarez all make some great guitars too. Let your own ears make the choice and not the forum.
Quote by Skeet UK