There are licks which i can't figure out which fingering to use in order to play it fluidly.

Stuff like the below:

|----------------------------------|----------------------------------|
|-5b--------------------5----5---5-|-5-------5-5--------------------5-|
|----7p5-7-7p5---5-------------7---|---7p5-------7p5------------------|
|--------------7---4/7-------------|-------7---------7--5~~--6~~--7---|

where my pointer finger starts on the 5 and bends it, then my ring finger on the 7... but then the pointer again on the 5 for a pulloff? Am i supposed to bar both of these strings with my pointer? What finger am i supposed to use for the 4/7 slide in the first measure?

How do i bend the first note with my pointer finger, then have a pulloff on the next string with the same finger?

This works on some songs, but in the above lick, it gets more complicated in the second measure... it's the bridge from "The Great Southern Trendkill" by pantera if that helps... @1:53 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBF8D8ljlQQ&feature=fvst

Help please!!
Index to bend the first note, ring finger pulls off the second while moving index to the A string for the third. Use your ring finger for the slide. Quickly moving the finger vs barring makes for cleaner notes.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
thanks for the reply.

The most difficult thing is trying to get my index finger to the next string quick enough after bending for the pull-off. Currently, I can't play it as a pull-off, i have to strum twice because i can't get the index finger in position in time.

The way you describe it is how i've been trying to play it, so i suppose i just need more practice.
Quote by Chockomonkey
thanks for the reply.

The most difficult thing is trying to get my index finger to the next string quick enough after bending for the pull-off. Currently, I can't play it as a pull-off, i have to strum twice because i can't get the index finger in position in time.

The way you describe it is how i've been trying to play it, so i suppose i just need more practice.

Slow it down until you can, practice at that tempo until it's effortless and then start to speed up. Problem solved.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^this, slow it down and gradually build speed. Accuracy first, then speed. And good luck, and Happy New Year.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro