As part of my BC Rich warlock mod project, I would like to chrome out all of the hardware. I already decided on putting in a chrome floyd rose, tuners, knobs, and switches, but i want to have seymour duncan invaders for pickups. I know they make some with silver caps now, but i already bought the bridge pickup back when they only had black. So, to get them both silver, i was thinking of putting covers on them. I hear pickup covers mellow out the sound, which isnt really a bad thing for me, but how are they installed and how do you think they would work over invaders?

Or is this just a horrible idea?
If so, are there any other ways to get some chrome on the invader pickups?
Those are some big old pole pieces... you'd probably have to drill the holes in the cover bigger?
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?
1. You'd have to get full chrome covers, like on SD Dave Mustaine and Gibson Tony Iommi models.
2. You'd need to get your pickups wax potted, lest you expose yourself to nasty microphonic feed back.
Quote by -MintSauce-

2. You'd need to get your pickups wax potted, lest you expose yourself to nasty microphonic feed back.

Can you please explain what wax potting is?
You take the pickup coils and dip them in a special hot wax. Pickup covers are usually soldered to the pickup as well, they don't just sit on top of it.

EDIT: "special hot wax" seems to be a mix of beeswax and paraffin.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by Flux'D
hey don't just sit on top of it.

Really? 2 friends of mine have les pauls and just decided to take their covers off. this gave me the impression that they did just sit on top.
^That's pretty unusual if they're Gibson Les Pauls. The solder is placed between the bottom plate of the pickup and the cover itself, just a dab to hold it together will do.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
So i found someone else who did pretty much the same thing. He found a way to order chrome poles for the invader and used a 12-hole nickel pickup cover. He took the poles out of the pickup and rescrewed them in through the pickup cover. Schaller claims that its silver covers eliminate microphone feedback too. Sounds good to me... but im not a pro at this. Any objections?

http://guitar-pickups.biz/hp135290/Pickup-Accessories.htm

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207868