I want to get speakers so i can replace the ones in my cabinet. i wanna build a 4x12 cab, but i need a speaker recommendation. i want a darker sounding speaker with a very late breakup. so any recommendations?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Dec 30, 2011,
cool. so if i get maybe the eminence monster metal kit that'd be good?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

If you can afford it, that looks good. I can vouch for the Legend V128 sounding great and fairly dark (slightly scooped mids, relaxed highs) if you want a slightly cheaper alternative
For trade
EMG 81 for a 60?
As you mention dark that instantly makes me thing Celestion G12-65 (or the clones on offer at eminence, weber, scumback etc.) But I guess from your signature you play a B52? They're typical metal amps right? In which case dark speakers are probably the last thing you should be considering IMO.

Personally I like EV styled speakers for metal amps. The originals are quite pricey so you may wish to consider a copy. I believe the eminence copy is called the commonwealth and the relevant webers are: michigan 12 ceramic or CV123.

It'd help if you mention your amp, playing style etc. as well as your current speakers and what you don't like about them.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Eminince V12, Swampthang
Celestion K-100
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i like a darker thrash/doom sound with minimal speaker breakup
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699