Checking out the "Forgotten Classic Video Game" Thread has hit me with a painful craving for gaming nostalgia. Hopefully the gaming gurus of the pit can recommend me some decent text adventures (The more free, legal and not likely to infest my PC with virus filth the better) along the lines of Gateway if anyone remembers that?

Basically if it's played like "give sword". "go east" etc.. let me know about it!

Thanks guys

Hugo's House of Horrors.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by shmeegle
Checking out the "Forgotten Classic Video Game" Thread has hit me with a painful craving for gaming nostalgia. Hopefully the gaming gurus of the pit can recommend me some decent text adventures (The more free, legal and not likely to infest my PC with virus filth the better) along the lines of Gateway if anyone remembers that?

Basically if it's played like "give sword". "go east" etc.. let me know about it!

Thanks guys

Final Fantasy
Quote by DonGlover
Hugo's House of Horrors.

I remember this!!! If anyone can point me to any good sites for downloading these, go ahead!
zork
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
^ZOOORK
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Zork is an anchient one, al beit not bad. If you want a newer text-based MUD, there's this:
telnet aardmud.com 4000

Just type that into a command line/terminal/whatever. I personally never got much into it, but I've heard it can pretty addicting if you invest some time in it.