My Lovely Mix

(Note sadly I did not make this, it's pretty though isn't it?)

Firstly sorry I haven't been keeping up with all of your tapes guys. I haven't been listening to modern rock all that much and rarely venture into the sub forum, so
This mixtape is just a little insight into some the artists and songs that shaped modern rock and all the many sub-genres. Lots of alternative stuff in here, but it's the same thing jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. And I know I've missed a good few genres, but I'm not meant to be covering everything, jeeeeeeez.

Tracklisty:
The Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning (Art Rock) [1966]
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer (New Wave) [1977]
The Cure - 10.15 Saturday night (Post Punk) [1979]
R.E.M - Radio Free Europe (College Rock) [1981]
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Just Like Honey (Noise Pop) [1985]
Slowdrive - When The Sun Hits (Shoegaze) [???]
Soundgarden - Outshined (Grunge) [1991]
Kyuss - Supa Scoops And The Mighty Scoop (Stoner Rock) [1994]
Blur - This Is Low (Britpop) [1994]
Mogwai - Katrien (Post-Rock) [1997]
Miles Kane - Inhaler (Indie Rock) [2011]

Previous Weeks:
Week 1 - 10/15 - Ben (BenRaah) - Rock/prog
Week 2 - 10/22 - Mike (Squall142) - Gangsta rap
Week 3 - 10/29 - Harry (hazzmatazz) - Weird rock stuff/Halloween
Week 4 - 11/5 - Kai (Uber-rocker) - "All rock, with a little roll here and there"
Week 5 - 11/12 - Steve (steve_muse) - Misc (I'm getting bad at this)
Week 6 - 11/19 - Will 1 (Alter-Bridge) - Lots of different stuff with guitars in it
Week 7 - 11/26 - David (edgeyyz) - A bunch of epics
Week 8 -12/3 - Will, the Cockatoo
Week 9 - 12/10 - Dan (Dan_5893)
Week 10 - 12/17 - Andy (badpun)
Week 11 - 12/24 - Stephen (stepco12345)

Still to come
Week 13 - 1/7 - Frank (frankv)
Week 14 - 1/14 - Ben again
Week 15 - 1/21 - D (iwannabesedated)
Week 16 - 1/28 - Dr Foxylove (bradulator)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487480
Last edited by Duffman123 at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by edgeyyz
Since when is 1966 "modern" for rock?

Got to trace the roots mate
I like what I see.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Cheers guyz.

8 track must compress the tracks cause I uploaded all in 320 and they don't sound like that, oh well.
Pretty swell list. I really enjoyed the shoegaze track. It's a genre, much like Sadcore (but they're the same goddamn thing really *waits for Stephen to school him *), that I've been meaning to listen too more.

And the Post-Rock track. That was a rad one.
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
I'd love to listen to it, but can't, since it's on 8Tracks. I have to comment though, that 1997 - 2011 is a hell of a gap, and lots of good stuff happened in that period.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I'd love to listen to it, but can't, since it's on 8Tracks. I have to comment though, that 1997 - 2011 is a hell of a gap, and lots of good stuff happened in that period.

...eh...
Quote by Alter-Bridge

I'm still dumbfounded by how it won't work for you. You weren't on a weird browser, were you? And your plug-ins are up to date?
Quote by iwannabesedated
...eh...

I know dude but I didn't want to put too many tracks in cause I would end up boring people. I feel I covered most of the important genres and just added a current modern rock song I like.
Quote by Duffman123
I know dude but I didn't want to put too many tracks in cause I would end up boring people. I feel I covered most of the important genres and just added a current modern rock song I like.

I thought the list was good.

Honestly I don't know what you would have put between 97-2011. Except maybe QotSA. Or maybe the Foo Fighters as "Post-Grunge."
I can't think of many artists from that time period who have been really influential. Qotsa are just another hard rock group, Muse and Radio head are your standard alternative band, all the bands (expect Kane) were very influential and have shaped what modern rock is today.

Can you think of a band from the last decade or so that has really changed modern rock?

and omg my first sticky
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jan 1, 2012,
Quote by Duffman123
I can't think of many artists from that time period who have been really influential. Qotsa are just another hard rock group, Muse and Radio head are your standard alternative band, all the bands (expect Kane) were very influential and have shaped what modern rock is today.

Can you think of a band from the last decade or so that has really changed modern rock?

That was my original point.

That last 15 years or so have been pretty eh.
Quote by iwannabesedated
That was my original point.

That last 15 years or so have been pretty eh.

Yeah I know I was just stating my case

Yep you're right, and making this list has shown me that.
Quote by frankv
I'm still dumbfounded by how it won't work for you. You weren't on a weird browser, were you? And your plug-ins are up to date?

I'm using Firefox, and as far as I know, all my plug ins are up to date except for Flash Player.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012