I think I am channeling Mr. Peavey or something because I keep getting great deals on Peavey gear.

Was burning leaves and a took a break to check Craigslist, and there was a Peavey TNT on sale for $100, went and snagged (aka trembled under this beasts girth) and took it home for $60. a side from some dirt in the tolex (no scratches or dings) this thing is pristine. It's only white and black and chrome so this must be a 80's or 90's model. This ladies and gentlemen is why we stick to heads and cabs... this combo has one little handle like a bandit practice amps, only it's a 2'x2'x1' crate that feels like its full of dead children and boulders.

It's one heavy hunk, I will play it a bit, but I will undoubtedly flip this or sell it to a guy I know who wants a bass amp. I think it's only 150 watts which should be fine. I see this thing being rocked by a T-40 or T-20.
so, you bought it so you can resell it and therefore make some cash out of it?
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Yea, I got it thinking I could use it and then sell it. But I just carried it up the stairs in my house, and once is enough. It sounds really good and has a lot of good EQ options, but just too much amp.

And I don't have a job so I scour craigslist and such for people dropping gear at way low prices, ask if they'll go lower and then resell it. It's not making me rich, but I generally make a couple hundred every other week.
well done, you do some business, you get to play a lot of different gear... I tried to do something like that, but I ended up with an unsaleable 90's yamaha rbx...

The only thing is... that i don't know if i would make a NAD thread for this... i mean, i didn't when i got the yamaha, since i bought it so i could sell it... but that might just be me.

cheers though, i wish you better luck than i have
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Don't give up on selling it, of course you don't live in Austin home of ever shifting music gear.

I actually made the thread to ask a question in addition to my excitement, but as I wrote it I forgot it. Now I've figured it out so yea this thread could be closed :P
Quote by askrere
Don't give up on selling it, of course you don't live in Austin home of ever shifting music gear.

I actually made the thread to ask a question in addition to my excitement, but as I wrote it I forgot it. Now I've figured it out so yea this thread could be closed :P

ok, no worries. yes, i ain't given up on selling it. today i took it to my bass teacher and he said it was a nice bass, even though the paint shows that it took a beating...
however, the truss rod starts in the body side of the neck, and i didn't know how to screw it (I asked to know, cause luckily, it's no needed) and we realized that the "head" of the truss rod had been cut off, so there's no way of screwing it... it kinda needs to be taken to a luthier so that the truss rod is replaced and stuff... that kinda sucks...

anyway, my teacher told me that i should keep it as a second bass, so i could walk around with it, saving my Vm at home (which i disagree with, but it has a point), and just in case i start playing alternate tunings. he has a point, and also it's a damn good bass to be a second. also it's light and has a p bass pup, so it is a variable to my jazz. however, i like my jazz a lot more. though this rbx is good enough.

all and all, i still have it published in the internet, and the first good offer will take it, and money will go to a new amp fund. why new amp? because, even though i like my actual amp's tone quite a lot, i want to be ready to gig, and if i can resale it (raising the price a little bit, ) i'll get almost enough to get me a hartke ha3500 or lh500 and a good 4X10... As you see, I'm miles away from that...

Good to share all these, so also i might get some previously unsearched selling advice or whatever.

Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Last edited by Sudaka at Dec 31, 2011,