Poll: Do you think the world will end on December 21st, 2012?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think the world will end on December 21st, 2012?
Yes
11 38%
No
18 62%
Voters: 29.
The question that has lurked the minds of many for a very long time now: Will the world end about a year from now, on December 21st, 2012? Apparently the Mayan calendar's end date is December 21st, 2012, which is one of the reasons why some people think the end is on that day. Other reasons include Jesus, judgement day, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon
Quote by Wikipedia
December 2012 marks the conclusion of a b'ak'tun—a time period in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar which was used in Central America prior to the arrival of Europeans. Though the Long Count was most likely invented by the Olmec,[9] it has become closely associated with the Maya civilization, whose classic period lasted from 250 to 900 AD.[10] The writing system of the classic Maya has been substantially deciphered,[11] meaning that a corpus of their written and inscribed material has survived from before the European conquest.

Unlike the 52-year Calendar Round still used today among the Maya, the Long Count was linear rather than cyclical, and kept time roughly in units of 20: 20 days made a uinal, 18 uinals (360 days) made a tun, 20 tuns made a k'atun, and 20 k'atuns (144,000 days or roughly 394 years) made up a b'ak'tun. Thus, the Mayan date of 8.3.2.10.15 represents 8 b'ak'tuns, 3 k'atuns, 2 tuns, 10 uinals and 15 days.[12][13]

This video also explains it well.

So pit, do you think the world will end on this day?
ggg1 ggg3

Don't care.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
i cant wait for it to pass so people forget about it and start worrying about the next end of the world date
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
No one actually believes this. We're all being duped into thinking that the idea has a large following but very few people see it as more than a joke. Now never post a thread about it again.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I don't know much about Mayans, but they probably stopped the calendar because they figured you can only go so far on a calendar before it get ridiculous.

As for the end of the world, it may mark the beginning of the end of the world as people will become paranoid and start having end of the world parties and lots of unprotected sex. This will lead to a major increase in the world's population and resources will become scarce and the Earth will not be able to sustain a large population.

That's my two cents.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i cant wait for it to pass so people forget about it and start worrying about the next end of the world date

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events#Future
Can't wait for the next two after this one.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by behind_you
So pit, do you think the world will end on this day?

Absolutely not.

If I recall, the myth was started by someone on the internet back in 96' who was thought to have been communicating with alien life forms.
Anyone who sincerely answers yes is an absolute moron. I guarantee that not 2 days has passed after this one when people have already ''discovered'' a new date.

and lrn2srchbar
Aliens could come, and teach us about love and friendship. This planet needs more of it honeslty.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
No. My belief is that in order for the Mayans to be able to mark down a specific thing on a calendar they must have seen that thing happen. If they lived through this then I'm pretty sure that we will too.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Yes, we're all going to die, you might as well just whip your cock out and enjoy yourself while you can
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at Dec 30, 2011,
Duffman123, Grimnak27, ironman1478, KjaK, Life Is Brutal, MakinLattes, Ninja Vampirate, Zoot Allures.

These people are retards
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Yes, we're all going to die, you might as well just whip your **** out and enjoy yourself while you can

You really don't need impending doom to influence me.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
not even 2012 yet and we already have our first thread about this retarded shit
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Yes, we're all going to die, you might as well just whip your cock out and enjoy yourself while you can

My point is being proven!
Quote by Trowzaa
Duffman123, Grimnak27, ironman1478, KjaK, Life Is Brutal, MakinLattes, Ninja Vampirate, Zoot Allures.

These people are retards

Oh, you skipped me

Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Yeah I think it is gonna end. The reason the mayans stopped making calenders is because of the prophecy of Techutititlon, who is said to have predicted a great storm that would swallow up our world whole.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
You know, I know this is bullshit but if this happens I'm gonna be so ****ing pissed off. It's the same month I graduate high school, dammit! y u no let me live life?!
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Oh, you skipped me

I copy and pasted the ones who said yes
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Lol at the ones that voted yes.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo