Hey, new to the forums !!! Just wanted an opinion on what pedals I should buy next.
My Current set up is
AMP: Fender FM100h
Guitar: Fender Start MIM w/humbucker
Pedals: Ibanez TS9 and a VOX Wah

Been looking at the Boss DS-2 Turbo distortion, Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus, and the MXR Phase 90.

I'm in a band we mostly Alt Rock, Pop Punk (Paramore, Fall out Boy, Kings of Leon, blink-
182) but my main influences are Hendrix, Frusciante and John Mayer.

=]
you should look into some wha wha pedals, it seems like something you would have fun using, start with some by dunlop, there are probably other brands that will sell them for half the price, but if you go with dunlop, you cant go bad.
Quote by joaod94
you should look into some wha wha pedals, it seems like something you would have fun using, start with some by dunlop, there are probably other brands that will sell them for half the price, but if you go with dunlop, you cant go bad.

Already have a wah pedal
To tell you the truth, I think that's a horrible amp and all the pedals in the world wouldn't get a great tone out of it.

You're covered on the drive front with your TS9 (the DS-2 really isn't very nice anyway). A phaser would work well for the stuff you play. Your amp has good cleans, which generally work well with chorus.
Yeah I'm looking to upgrade soon (on a budget got the the head and 4x12 cab for $150!!) but so far I have gotten a decent sound out of it.
Save your money and get a better amp.
After that, probably a good delay pedal and a noise gate would be a good idea. Maybe even a chorus pedal if you are in to that.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by joshc420
Yeah I'm looking to upgrade soon (on a budget got the the head and 4x12 cab for $150!!) but so far I have gotten a decent sound out of it.

Trust me, get the new amp first. I had the 212 Frontman, and it REALLY didn't like most pedals. Its now gutted and service as a cabinet for my blues junior.

I was in your position and I foolishly bought pedals before the amp, and now I have some pedals left over that sound like shit with a good amp.
Do you know any good heads around 300$ I could buy ? I was looking at the fender mustang V, any good ?
Quote by joshc420
Do you know any good heads around 300$ I could buy ? I was looking at the fender mustang V, any good ?

The guitarist for a local band here uses one and it sounds meh to me.
I'd go for a Jetcity JCA20h, the only thing is it lacks an effects loop.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
OP, buy used. it will save you a lot of money and you will get a better product. the minute that a new guitar goes out the door, there goes 40% or so.

$300 on heads, i got my blue voodoo for $200 which sounds better than the rep it has, but despite that, i am using it to mod when i get around to it. nice cleans, decent dirt if you get it dialed in right.

Valve King heads go around that used. they aren't the best as is, but with a dummy jack and a tube screamer it sounds pretty good. even better is to swap tubes and run an EQ through the loop. i know it sounds like a money pit, but all of that stuff you could get it back to stock for selling, you still have everything else, and IMO no guitarist should be without a TS or EQ.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
OP, buy used. it will save you a lot of money and you will get a better product. the minute that a new guitar goes out the door, there goes 40% or so.

$300 on heads, i got my blue voodoo for $200 which sounds better than the rep it has, but despite that, i am using it to mod when i get around to it. nice cleans, decent dirt if you get it dialed in right.

Valve King heads go around that used. they aren't the best as is, but with a dummy jack and a tube screamer it sounds pretty good. even better is to swap tubes and run an EQ through the loop. i know it sounds like a money pit, but all of that stuff you could get it back to stock for selling, you still have everything else, and IMO no guitarist should be without a TS or EQ.

In regards to the blue voodoo I almost bought one of those a couple months back but relented. +1 to this. They're actually great amps and they can be found in 120 watt and 60 watt head variants and a 60 watt combos. Not sure how well they take pedals though.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
In regards to the blue voodoo I almost bought one of those a couple months back but relented. +1 to this. They're actually great amps and they can be found in 120 watt and 60 watt head variants and a 60 watt combos. Not sure how well they take pedals though.

also the blue colored blue voodoo's sound a lot better than the black colored ones.

mine is a 120, but i pulled two power tubes out for 60watts (half wattage half ohms),

*it is not safe in every amp* so you don't do it if you don't know.

they take pedals just like most amps, i don't really use too much as far as pedals go. i have messed around with my microvibe.

one thing i do like is i don't feel it needs an OD to hit the front end. it depend what you are looking for though.

honestly i would probably pick up a BV over a VK.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
also the blue colored blue voodoo's sound a lot better than the black colored ones.

mine is a 120, but i pulled two power tubes out for 60watts (half wattage half ohms),

*it is not safe in every amp* so you don't do it if you don't know.

they take pedals just like most amps, i don't really use too much as far as pedals go. i have messed around with my microvibe.

one thing i do like is i don't feel it needs an OD to hit the front end. it depend what you are looking for though.

honestly i would probably pick up a BV over a VK.

Wow I was going to say that about the blue colored one but I thought it was just my imagination.

http://www.musicgoround.com/search.aspx?q=bv&cid=8&scid=0&sid=0&d=10&c=10&ob=6&p=1
Here are a few amps. I highly suggest if you can stretch your budget to buy from these guys. I have had a lot of great deals through this store.
Quote by barden1069
Quote by RealGuitarHero
The guitarist for a local band here uses one and it sounds meh to me.
I'd go for a Jetcity JCA20h, the only thing is it lacks an effects loop.

and multiple channels
and reverb
..and balanced tone instead of a fizzy mess.

I just got one through mf at $150 explicitly for modding and I'm sure it will meet that purpose well. It's not an amp I'd recommend to anyone with a $300 budget and the intention of just using it stock.

Despite the post earlier, you are not going to find a decent used tube combo for $150, you'll find either an underpowered one or a ghetto one at best unless you're incredibly lucky.

I do still agree with the sentiment of saving quite a bit until you can afforda decent amp on the used market--go for the $300-$600 price range and look for something that comes with reverb, two channels, and some decent reviews.

As for pedals, don't ask for advice on anything you don't already realize you need. Do you need a phaser for a chrorus for the specific sounds in your head? If not, don't bother. If you want to get effects solely for the sake of experimenting and learning, then get a cheap multieffects unit to play with until you have a better idea of what you want. The one exception is when you run into a great deal on a clearance or used pedal--then there's no harm in dropping some cash to blindly experiment with it: you can always sell it to someone else for the same amount or more if you don't like it. I'm an effects junkie and still never pay anywhere near full price for a pedal that didn't fulfill a specific expectation of mine.
So could I throw one of the blue voodoo heads onto the the 4x12 cab that came with my FM100H?
You could, but the frontman line of amps and cabs are generally the lower range, so they're not that great. It would do until you got somethng better.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
If your lucky, you could find an used Carvin x100b for $300, maybe $400.

It could do the alt-rock, pop-y stuff. Kinda hard to dial in the right tone though, needs a boost as well.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I mean Bugera's are okay, but I feel like it might fall short for what you're doing. Your cab would be compatible though.
Quote by barden1069
Get a delay they're hella fun!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."