Well I posted a couple months ago about a "Mystery Telecaster" that I was confused about. (my fellow UGrs helped me discover its origins)
I discovered it was 94 MIM Tele with "the black logo" and "Squier Series" on the headstock.

The story behind it is. A friend of mine basically found this Tele on the side of the road. (ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD MAN!) It was in great shape, only thing was the bridge saddles were broken, and the bridge pickup didn't work, and it just needed some TLC.

So. I made an investment in this guitar.
400$ worth of time, parts, and labor.

New Black Fender Pickguard (it had a white discolored ugly one with stickers)
New bridge with stringsavers saddles.
New Fender locking tuners
New Dimarzio Chopper T Bridge Pickup.
all new pots and electronics
and a professional setup.

Gotta say, this guitar is SICK
The pickup has enough roar for Rock and Metal,
and it cleans up nicely, I play some RHCP with it.
Neck pickup (stock) Nice warm sound, great cleans and blues tone.
my only complaint is that the pickups dont sound to great in the mid position.
The bridge kinda overpowers the neck giving this weak sound. But I'm not complaining!

heres some pics (feel free to look at my other guitars as well

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.141768585850786.21018.100000529378064&type=3&saved

I'll post a Youtube Demo soon.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
TLC man, TLC
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
just curious, how are you valuing your time? being that it reads that you factored the cost of your time into the cost aspect, making me think even more so is that you mentioned labor, which i assume is something else.

i am just honestly curious, no ill intent.

the main reason is asked is i have a friend that is a sculptor (stainless and TIG welding) who does pieces that are 10 or so feet tall and several hundred pounds, he welded 800 or so pieces in his recent work. he gets around $10k-$12k for one of his works.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
just curious, how are you valuing your time? being that it reads that you factored the cost of your time into the cost aspect, making me think even more so is that you mentioned labor, which i assume is something else.

i am just honestly curious, no ill intent.

the main reason is asked is i have a friend that is a sculptor (stainless and TIG welding) who does pieces that are 10 or so feet tall and several hundred pounds, he welded 800 or so pieces in his recent work. he gets around $10k-$12k for one of his works.

Well I had my friend who is a professional Luther order the parts and put it together. He charged me 400$ for the whole thing.
That's the time and labor.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
Dude what state are you in? If you can find guitars on the side of the road there then I know where I'm moving Money well spent dude, that is a GORGEOUS tele!
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Dude what state are you in? If you can find guitars on the side of the road there then I know where I'm moving

+1
That's stealing it. I'd never do such a thing before I'd be sure his owner surely didn't need it. I hope that your friend was sure it was junk, and his owner put it there cause he didn't need it.
Quote by theonecalledjoe
Well I had my friend who is a professional Luther order the parts and put it together. He charged me 400$ for the whole thing.
That's the time and labor.

you need to find better friends. i would never charge somebody that who is a friend. most of my friends will just come with a case of beer or throw $20. i have never asked anything in return.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
you need to find better friends. i would never charge somebody that who is a friend. most of my friends will just come with a case of beer or throw $20. i have never asked anything in return.

yeah but it's already been established that you're a human doormat

Quote by cemges
That's stealing it. I'd never do such a thing before I'd be sure his owner surely didn't need it. I hope that your friend was sure it was junk, and his owner put it there cause he didn't need it.

and it's already been established that you're borderline retarded. Side of road = waiting for someone to pick it up before the garbage truck does unless there's a sign indicating otherwise. That's common sense.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Last edited by mike_oxbig at Jan 1, 2012,
I feel the same. For a set up I charge like $10 to friends, $15 if it's a Floyd equipped guitar. Usually if i'm just changing pick ups or something they'll tell me to keep one of them or the set depending on the model they had in. I would never ask 200 for something as minor as that. Still, beautiful guitar, congrats on the find! Just saying if it's on the side of the road it's fair game.
Quote by mike_oxbig
yeah but it's already been established that you're a human doormat

and it's already been established that you're borderline retarded. Side of road = waiting for someone to pick it up before the garbage truck does unless there's a sign indicating otherwise. That's common sense.

sure i treat my friends good. there are quite a few things i do that i make money off of people. you want an LT1, LS1, LS6, LS7, LQ9, Etc. tuned, empty you wallet. for a diagnostic run you are looking at $100. if you want me to do anything about the data (that i have gotten from the run), i will not give it to you, thats another $50, do a few runs to tune, $150-$250. i can do it all within 30 minutes with them driving their car i am sitting in the passenger side holding a laptop in my lap. i do them all the time.

that is one thing, to a degree a business.

assembling a guitar for a friend, i think i can do that. i enjoy it anyway, and am not a jackass.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
We don't have such stuff in my country, i may not know about it. If thats common sende in your country, ii cant say anything.
Seems like your "friend" charged you about 180 bucks to Put a guitar together.

Don't friends usually just take the other one out to eat and maybe 30 bucks? Soldering ain't hard.
oh i know its been a while but I forgot to mention he shielded the whole guitar to prevent feedback and some other things i forgot. he had to drill new holes for a string through body. So that explains the extra money, that was kinda left out of the equation.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
Last edited by theonecalledjoe at Jan 31, 2012,
Put a red tortoiseshell pickguard on that and I will swoop it right out of your hands. Great find!
Quote by cemges
Btw does it play nice? And is it actually versatile?

Yeah, very versatile. I can get anything from Country to Metal out of it. Its not suited for absolutely everything, but its as good as I want it to be.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)