so i just bought my ac15c1, i have an epiphone dot, and now im trying to decide on what pedals to buy, i want an ava type sound, which means overdrive, delay, chorus, flanger etc. i thought about a tonelab or possibly a pod, but ive heard they arent that good? idk really, what do you think, my budget is around $200, would i be better off buying individual pedals or a multi fx one? right now all i have is a boss ds1
Last edited by greenday4u at Dec 31, 2011,
I'm a bit of a purist so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd get a bunch of quality single pedals over a multi effect any day. However, if you wanted to get all those things (in nice single pedals) it would cost around $400-$600, so it's pretty much out of the question considering your budget. Also, either drop or mod your ds-1. Thing's garbage stock.
Quote by Strats&Cats
I'm a bit of a purist so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd get a bunch of quality single pedals over a multi effect any day. However, if you wanted to get all those things (in nice single pedals) it would cost around $400-$600, so it's pretty much out of the question considering your budget. Also, either drop or mod your ds-1. Thing's garbage stock.

so aside from the ds-1 modding, what do you suggest given my limited budget?
You could go for instant gratification and get a multi effects. Or you could save up and have money for all you could desire. I highly suggest the used route for either of these things
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Could look at a used pod HD300... may be able to find a -400 if you look hard enough. You could also look into the line 6 M series stompbox processors.

Aside from some used multi FX units, you're unlikely to get all those effects for $200
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I'd be wary of using the AC15 with a large pedalboard. They have a tendency to get 'mushed up' with valve saturation/ compression at gig volumes, which can sound awesome for vintage rock but not so good if you favour clarity.

Also, utterly disagree with Strats&Cats. I did a few recording sessions with a 60s JMI AC15, using a standard DS1, and got some amazing tones. Can really push a dark amp into JCM800 territory.
Quote by jpatan
Could look at a used pod HD300... may be able to find a -400 if you look hard enough. You could also look into the line 6 M series stompbox processors.

Aside from some used multi FX units, you're unlikely to get all those effects for $200

do you know anything about the vox tonelabs? are they better/worse than pods?