I just found some speakers laying around the house and I was curious if I could hook it up someway to my Linesix toneport to use it as monitors.

I figured out that I would need a power amp and some plugs to attach to the wires of the speakers. This is the poweramp I was thinking of
But I have a few questions left
1. The speakers are both 10 watts but the Amp is 50 watt on each side, is it possible or will I blow up the speakers?
2. The speakers come both with 2 wires so I am curious if I would need a 4 channel amp or can I just attach the wires to one plug?
3. What kind of power source do I need?
4. Are there any other things I have to buy or make?

Sorry for the noob-ish post I have zero experience with electronics but I figured that this would be a nice way to start.

Thanks in advance
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Dec 31, 2011,
You might as well just buy some decent headphones.
Look at the Sennheiser HD205, they are $30 on Amazon and will definitely be better than some ghetto rigged speaker
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I already have decent headphones but it would be nice to have some speakers to play guitar through.
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
From what Ive been able to find, low wattage speakers will just distort and break up a lot sooner than the higher wattage ones. If the impedance is right, why not give it a go? You might stumble on something. Just dont crank them right up.
Thanks for the response I might just try it. Do you think I will need a 4 or 2 channel amp?
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
This just shows I should click on more links... why do you want to use a car amplifier?
It's not really car amp, it's just a small power amp. It was the only thing I could find that was somewhat what I was looking for.
But I think I'll need the 2 channel one. Do you have a clue how I can power it? It doesn't seem to have a normal 9v power jack.
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant