You don't necessarily need a neck plate dude. You can still bolt your neck on without it, just countersink the holes. Or you could even craft a nice new wooden one that fits

Edit: V Those are a good idea, I forgot about them
Last edited by whoomit at Dec 31, 2011,
Pretty easy fix...Dump the plate and use these
Click Here

Just remember to use shorter screws so they dont come through the fretboard.
Good luck!
Jack
Quote by DEADMANSGHOST
Pretty easy fix...Dump the plate and use these
Click Here

Just remember to use shorter screws so they dont come through the fretboard.
Good luck!
Jack

I had pretty much the exact same issue once. And then used this exact same solution, And it worked just fine. Or the only other option would be to fabricate a new plate. ..or new body
wow that looks great man! I cant wait to see more pics
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
That looks great man! It looks as clean as a strat kit! That's impressive.
Quote by LGlide
Hey guys.
This is my first guitar build so be gentle. I made an error when using my router.
The neck plate does not now fit. Any ideas on how to proceed?

well if you havn't done anything yet you might be able to rout it down so that the plate fits snug inside and would be smooth with the top. that is if youre talking about the rounded edges
Thanks guys.
It's made from a slab of alder.

Well, I have attached the neck using neck ferrules and the bridge is also in place. Measurements all look good so far, so it's now onto sanding, sanding and sanding

Latest pic:
Attachments:
photo.JPG
I'm would have rounded over the neck heel like the Ibanez AANJ.
When I was adding the hardware, I realized I didn't have enough space in the jack cavity. I picked up a drill, threw on a hefty drill bit and went to work making a little more room.
Well, that wasn't such a good idea. The drill bit caught the edge of the cavity and ate a nice chunk of the finish (see attached pic).
Any ideas on what I can do to make this look a little better?
Thanks guys.
Attachments:
Guitar3.jpg
Quote by LGlide
When I was adding the hardware, I realized I didn't have enough space in the jack cavity. I picked up a drill, threw on a hefty drill bit and went to work making a little more room.
Well, that wasn't such a good idea. The drill bit caught the edge of the cavity and ate a nice chunk of the finish (see attached pic).
Any ideas on what I can do to make this look a little better?
Thanks guys.

Custom pickguard?
it looks like a sweet guitar...another thing you could do is inlay the neck plate in the wood just chisel out the wood the same thickness of the plate.so the plate would be flush with the body instead of sitting on top. just need slightly shorter screws......and make sure before you do it that the depth you need to go is gonna be enough to hide the roundness
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
That thing looks great. I'm now looking at my strat and wondering if I can be arsed stripping the finish off...
OUCH!

oh, my friend, I know how that feels. I'd recommend taking a dab of the stain you used on the body and reapplying it... being such a small spot it'll be hard to re-clearcoat, but you may not have to worry about that... unfortunate you got so far only to have something like this happen!
------

Shwiggity.