Hi everyone,
if u had a 350$ budget for a guitar considering that the heaviest thing you would play would be smth like metallica's mop and stuff like that what would you buy? btw i know it is a low budget but its my first guitar so i need a good-sounding one and i wouldn't mind if it looked good cuz i know that having a good sounding guitar + smth like a v shape would cost a fortune
thx
An ESP/LTD V-50 ($250), maybe? Or you could try a Jackson JS32T King V ($350), both of which are good choices if you want a V for the amount you're willing to spend.
I think after playing guitar for a few years you'd grow out of the 'metal guitar' body shapes. They're also more awkward to play unless you're standing/using a strap. Schecter maybe what you're looking for, they offer sound and quality guitars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Schecter-Damien-Special-Guitar-Electric-EMG-FREE-2-DAY-SHIPPING-/160708542973?pt=Guitar&hash=item256af9c1fd

If you want the 'Metallica' or metal sound, EMGs are a good way to go.

If you're on a budget, you could dive into factory 2nds? They're essentially new guitars but with small aesthetic defects.
Last edited by Joeseye at Dec 31, 2011,
The ltd and jackson v's mentioned would be good choices but have a look on ebay and in the second hand market first, you may be able to get a much better guitar 2nd hand in your budget than new. Also ignore that rubbish about growing out of "metal shapes", well unless the "metal shape" is a bc rich warlock with a devil horn headstock
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
well cool ,i didn't think i can actually get a cool looking guitar with this budget ,i'll look for the 3 guitars in any nearby store and try them and i'll buy the best one thx guys
I bought a Schecter Omen this year and I think it is an all round great guitar. I would strongly recommend you look into Schecters, you won't be dissapointed.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
buy schecter demon 6 , it won't dissapoint you. It's a good guitar for metal with its active pickup (Duncan Designed Active HB-105)
Epi G-400vintage $299, GFS Fat Pat for the bridge $30. That will bring you in to your budget.

The LTD that was sugested deff needs a pickup swap, and I'd upgrade the pots at the same time with full sized ones. but this could be done at your budget.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There is an ibanez ziphos model (xp-300## forgot the exact model) that retails for 300$. You can get a very metal guitar for 300$. Upgrade the stock pickups and its a decent budget shred axe.
Quote by BodaciousBob
I bought a Schecter Omen this year and I think it is an all round great guitar. I would strongly recommend you look into Schecters, you won't be dissapointed.

I agree.
What the hell!!!
Whatever feels good in your hands man.

Yay truth >
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
ESP/LTD has some great sounding guitars that are in the 300 dollar price range that are suited for Metal, as does Ibanez and Schecter . Personally, I'm not a fan of the flying V design but if that's what floats your boat, then go for it . You could also check out Epiphone's faded series G-400, which only costs $300.00 brand new. Those are perfect for Metal IMO. Hell, if Tony Iommi can play a SG , why not go for it ?
I'd say Schecters are a good bet but you should test one out first, they have chunky necks that might not fit your hand iirc.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB