Hi bass forum. I'm in the market for a new bass with the specs in the title. A 35" scale, 5 string bass for under £500.

There is plenty of choice, but unfortunately I can't buy used. I have to buy new.

Thanks for any help!
Have a look at the Ibanez BTB series.

My mind has gone completely blank so I will edit this with anything esle I think of.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Unfortunately there aren't any current BTBs in that price range. The new 575 might be close but I've no idea if they are available in the UK yet.
Spector Legend 5
Schecter Omen 5
Warwick Rockbasses? (not sure if 35")

Go 2nd hand for a better deal.
Take a look at the Traben Chaos series and the Neo series.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
You can get a ESP LTD F-155 for that price.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Ziphoblat
Spector Legend 5
Schecter Omen 5
Warwick Rockbasses? (not sure if 35")

Go 2nd hand for a better deal.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as said in my original post, I can't go second hand. I have store credit and can only add onto that. The place I have credit for do have second hand basses but not a great selection.

Thanks for the other suggestions too. Totally forget about Traben and didn't think ESP were 35" scale.
May I ask why you need 35" scale? The KSD fivers are 35" by memory. If you could go second hand I'd say Lakland could be an option but alas.
I want to know why a BTB405 is out of price range but an LTD F isn't.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by consecutive e
May I ask why you need 35" scale? The KSD fivers are 35" by memory. If you could go second hand I'd say Lakland could be an option but alas.

I don't need a 35" scale. But it's personal preference. Every 34" 5 string i've played has had a pretty horrible feeling B string. It sounds okay but it just feels rubbish compared to every 35" scale i've played.

And as said in original post, can't go second hand. I have credit for the store in question.

Quote by gilly_90
I want to know why a BTB405 is out of price range but an LTD F isn't.

A BTB 405 isn't out of price range, in fact the bass that I had to return was a 475. The ESP isn't either. Not sure where you got the info that a BTB405 was out of price range.
Quote by Xclusive
I don't need a 35" scale. But it's personal preference. Every 34" 5 string i've played has had a pretty horrible feeling B string. It sounds okay but it just feels rubbish compared to every 35" scale i've played.

Play some better basses then. The B string on my 34" Musicman Bongo 5 is a lot better than the B on the Lakland 55-64 I used to have. There's a few brands out there that make 32" scale fivers with great success. I used to be part of the "35" 5 strings are better" crowd too.
Sterling Ray 35 might be worth a look in to.

And.
Quote by Xclusive

A BTB 405 isn't out of price range, in fact the bass that I had to return was a 475. The ESP isn't either. Not sure where you got the info that a BTB405 was out of price range.

Because you said it was:
Quote by Xclusive
Unfortunately there aren't any current BTBs in that price range. The new 575 might be close but I've no idea if they are available in the UK yet.

Last edited by consecutive e at Jan 2, 2012,
Ah right, I see yeah. But I'm not gonna downgrade .

And I don't doubt that the bongo is a superb 5 string. But I've tried the majority of 34" scale basses around 500 quid and none of them compare to my previous bass, the Ibanez BTB 475. The only thing that separates that and the ones I've tried is the scale. Or so it seems .

I realise it's mostly personal preference but after trying all the basses I can I'm at a loss and now have to choose a bass to buy without even having played it. Not ideal but I don't have a choice.
I'd say an LTD F-5E would be just barely inside your price range. If you like the looks.